All comments welcome for our reworked site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
gardennorm

All comments welcome for our reworked site

Post by gardennorm »

Hi all,

I asked if you could look and comment on our site many months ago.
We have tried to take on board your comments from last time and have been working hard to improve the site.
Please feel free to have a look and let us know what you think.
Its a nerve wracking bit this but well worth it for the feed back :wink:
Both links below point to the same site just different landing pages

Many thanks :)
Skopelos villas - Holiday villas to rent in Greece
Kayaking Greece - Sea kayaking holidays in Skopelos
Marks

Post by Marks »

I'm no expert in these matters but I can't find a search facility to see which properties are available for my dates and I can't see availability calendars for each property. If I want to stay 4 to 11 August do I have to click 'book' for each property to find out if one is available or have I missed something?
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
gardennorm

Post by gardennorm »

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.
There is no search facility, I took it down because it looked a bit messy, but could put it back.
Each property has an availability calendar below the photos, from the list page click the read more button or the property name to go to the property page.
I think i can add the calender to the list page but the list page could end up being a mile long.
Ill play with the search facility to see what I can do with that.
I take your point, if your searching for specific dates you would have to look through each property.

Thanks for your comments Mark :)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ditto Marks. I'm looking for a quick route to rates and availability and I couldn't see it until I went looking. I need to know early on whether I can afford it and if I have to jump through too many hoops then it's not worth my time. Have you thought about a multi availability calendar?
gardennorm

Post by gardennorm »

Thanks Nemo,

Ill sort out a quick search and also look at a multi availability calender, hadnt thought of that, its a good idea :)

Great comments thanks for your feed back
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I checked some dates out for Easter this year for anatoli house and it said that there were no prices available. I also found it very difficult to find a way to book - there is no option to go onto booking from the page for anatoli house for example, you have to go back to the home page.

Also initially the whole page didn't show up for me, so I didn't realise there were more houses available then the first 4.

I'd like to know the prices too. How can I know if I can afford it, that information needs to be readily available or you'll get all manner of half arsed enquiries!
gardennorm

Post by gardennorm »

Thanks Wallypot,

More good points :)
Anatoli house is a difficult one because the owner wants to do their own rental and feels less info creates more inquiries, im not sure because as you say if the info is not there most people usually move off rather than sending an email.

Im going to add an availability page with the properties, calenders and prices with a link to go to bookings and view the property, im no expert so for me this is the best solution.
Im also going to add a quick search facility.

Hopefully this will help with the usability :)

Thanks for all your help, it really is invaluable