Worst part about my site is????

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Steve Sas

Worst part about my site is????

Post by Steve Sas »

Hello All, I have a site that does pretty well on the search engines, but I know I have some usability issues, like how to navigate and easily finding the info a renter wants...then how to easily get to fill out the form. Is it easy to find the calendar? What if the dates are taken? Are there other cabins? Those are the types of things I want to know.

In other words I'm trying to find the 2 or 3 biggest spots where a renter would get frustrated and give up and go to another site.

Plus any other general observations would be great! Please don't hold back!!

Thanks!!

http://FlagstaffRentalCabin.com
cottageguru

Post by cottageguru »

Hi Steve

Just a couple of things on a first pass.

I found it quite easy to navigate in general. The first thing I want to see is pictures because if they don't grab me I would just move on. I clicked on the cabin exterior images expecting them to enlarge but they linked to your booking page which was mildly frustrating. The rest of the page has a good variety of images.

May I suggest creating a separate page for the amenities or reversing the detail on the Rental Info page so you show the amenities first then the rates after.

I was also wondering why you are sending people away from your page with the Other Cabins link? Do you have other cabins on there because if so, the link should go directly to the listings. If not, you are risking losing the visitors that have found your page before they have a real chance to see your videos, read the blog posts etc.

Hope this helps
Heather

Vacation Rental Success Podcast
www.cottageblogger.com
www.twitter.com/cottageguru
sarahparker

Confusing

Post by sarahparker »

I get the idea you own two rentals and have created a site for it. the navigation is a problem you can solve it by just presenting the user with the navigation bar.

Create dedicated pages for the rentals and present images as slideshow.

I think you need to work a lot on the site the calendar was the worst part I found it too large for my liking. You need to work on the presentation and usability of your site.

Good luck with it
enjoy vacations enjoy life
Margalide

Post by Margalide »

I'm with cottageguru, there's no immediate photo of what it is I might renting. Not too keen on all the videos either - seem to sloooow down the page. I gave up waiting for the blog to finish loading.
Why are there adverts down the side? One for was another rental.
I don't like the Google calendar, too big and the first thing I clicked on it tried to set me up with one of my own with your info!!

The navigation is OK, I found my way around. The exterior photos are too small and it's one of those I'd put on the home page to give it some wow factor.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Yup PHOTO above the fold!!!
Circé

Post by Circé »

From the first page I couldn't tell what you are offering me: a choice of cabins, or is it just the one? Your text refers to a cabin and confusingly also to cabins plural.
Is it/are they on some sort of campus/holiday park?
I expected more info when I clicked on 'Flagstaff Rental Cabin' in the first line, not what I got.
How about a map showing where the cabin is in relation to the town and local facilities, plus a map for those who haven't a clue where Flagstaff AZ is?
january

Post by january »

Dump the googleads, I doubt if they bring you much revenue and, look unsightly. At least move them from the homepage.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Me too - some pictures of the cabins on the homepage. Lots of people will just click and move on if they can´t see immediately what you´re offering. They won´t have the patience to watch the video unless you´ve tempted them already.
If not now, when?