Your Holiday Matters (I had a dream)

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Marcus, HelenB et al

OK, sounds great - I'll submit.

Where do you need constructive feedback on YHM? By PM or 'live' on the forum?

Goat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Wed May 17, 2006 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Hi
if your submit your application , hopefully the following link will work.

then someone will get in contact with you

http://www.yourholidaymatters.com/apply ... nform.html
Nessie
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Goat, you'll have to commit yourself to that website though, before you're accepted. There's plenty on the membership committee that can help with that. There's even a template available.
Helen
Giddy Goat

Website construction

Post by Giddy Goat »

....and for non-technical types, the chap who designed my website is offering a simple solution which includes purchase of the domain name etc for a mere £99. PM me anyone who may be interested, for more info. No extras accorded to goats though ..
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, Jane, will do. Yours is really impressive....
Goat
Badger

Post by Badger »

Jane your impressive website has really made me decide to go for it and get a website sorted - I clicked on the link you recommended, price etc sounds really reasonable, £99 I can live with. However, first hurdle - should I be co.uk, net. com. or what? What is the preferred choice and why? (Apologies in advance if this question has been covered elsewhere)
And thats without even starting to think about a domain name.
I'm going for a lie down and wait for inspiration.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Badger, and thanks to you and Mountain Goat (we're getting quite a menagerie here!) for your kind feedback! MG -comments on YHM could be offered on this thread I think - hope I'm not stepping out of line by saying that. Keep them coming (+ve or -ve). They will be taken on board, and we need as many as possible from the visitor's perspective especially - the site is still evolving, and is due some significant changes shortly - I think!

Just peeked at your property, Badger - awesome!

With regard to domain name suffixes, the website designer's offer wasn't in existence when he did mine; am not sure how much it costs per suffix, but if you want to inquire about his offer, PM me and you can contact him direct and ask at the same time. His deal would include one suffix, I assume, but there's nothing to stop you paying a bit more for any extra - I (he) bought .com and .co.uk; now, people are also talking about .eu, as it will become progressively more frequently adopted in the future, and may even supercede some. Whatever way you decide to go, just do a search for 'domain names' and Google will throw up any number of places to buy from - GoDaddy is very reasonable, and Network Solutions is easy to search on for what's available and what's already taken.They all carry the same info of course, but some do better deals than others.

That's about the sum total of what I know!!

Good luck,
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Badger

Post by Badger »

Thanks for your reply Jane.
I will now put any further queries onto the personal websites thread instead of hijacking this one.
xx