Really stupid question

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Hells Bells

Really stupid question

Post by Hells Bells »

How do I get Outlook to automatically add people I reply to , to my Address book.
I know I used to do this with OUtlook Express, but can't find the relevant box to tick.
Helen
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Helen

I have Outlook Express. If you go to 'Tools', then 'Options' and click on the 'send' tab, there is a box you can tick for to pautomatically put people you reply to in your address book.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know, but this is Outlook, and the button isn't there, the layout is different. It's getting tedious adding all the enquirers manually.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Helen,

I'm not sure that you can. By default OE adds the address each time you reply to an e-mail. It's an excellent way of over-filling your address book with garbage.

In Outlook I think you must do it manually. In an open message, right-click the name that appears on the From line, and then click Add to Outlook Contacts on the shortcut menu.

Alan
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I also have Outlook 2000 (but don't use it). If you go into 'tools' then 'options' and under 'preferences' select 'e-mail options', this brings up another box. There is a tick box at the bottom which you can select to 'automatically put people I reply to in' - on mine it defaults to contacts, which I think may be Outlook speak for address book.

Not sure whether or not this is what you need though.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com