www.niceholidayapartment.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
hello

www.niceholidayapartment.com

Post by hello »

I have just tweaked my website with some additional scrolling images and would love to have any feedback positive or negative regarding speed loading times ,style etc

Thanks in advance...www.niceholidayapartment.com
hello

Post by hello »

Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Nice clear web site that does the job well. Loaded on my browser [ Opera ] very quickly. Well done.
hello

Post by hello »

Thanks Paul

Did you look at the bedrooms,bathroom etc as it`s there where the scrolling images are..

Thanks again though for looking.http://www.niceholidayapartment.com
hello

Nice place Paul !!

Post by hello »

Love your gites.. could just jump in that pool! :lol:
1BronHaul

Post by 1BronHaul »

Fantastic website... :D wish i new how to do stuff like that puts mine to shame lol :oops: Ohhhhh am so embarrassed :oops:
1BronHaul

Post by 1BronHaul »

Knew lol :roll:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

No problems with loading time for me on Chrome and a relatively slow, rural France connection. Lovely apartment!

I did wonder though why you haven't put some scrolling images on your home page? You have some lovely photos and it would help entice me in to see more!

The other thing is that it took me a while (maybe I'm being particularly dim this morning - it is minus 10 here at the moment :shock:) to work out where I'd find a description of your accommodation as there's no hint in your navigation menu - it just mentions photographs, which to me generally means a gallery. Generally though I like your site.
Circé

Post by Circé »

For the Nice apartment, I felt I had to hunt around for basic info, the first page didn't tell me much (doubles or singles, parking?)
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Don't be tempted on the scrolling image on your home page. It loads very quickly which is what you want. Visitors are then happy to rummage around the site to get the info they need. If the home page takes an age to load or has a "flash" type intro, its a real turn off. The other turn off is sound, never be tempted to put sound on your web site. People browse "secretly" at work and if the office is suddenly filled with "the hills are alive with the ...." you cant believe how quickly they will exit the site never to look at it again.

You wouldn't want to jump into the pool today. It was -11C at 11am this morning. Brrrr
hello

Post by hello »

Thanks Paul...good advice
sallyandalan

Post by sallyandalan »

Loaded very fast for me, and an inviting front page.

Just 3 things I thought of
- The text shows up as white in grey boxes on the contact page, so is a bit tricky to read.
- The pictures faded in/out fine for me (Chrome) and looked good, but there was a short gap (about 1/2 sec) between each one where the picture was blank.
- The w3c logo on the bottom right is probably an unnecessary distraction, but useful during development. Clicking it takes you off the site, and shows up some errors.
doberman

hey

Post by doberman »

just looked over your website, great looks good you code it your self? looking to create our own property website also.
Jimbo

Re: www.niceholidayapartment.com

Post by Jimbo »

hello wrote: Thanks in advance...www.niceholidayapartment.com
I glanced at your web address and thought what an underwhelming word 'nice' is and how I wouldn't feel particularly inspired to visit it. Then, I clicked onto your site and saw that 'nice' is actually 'Nice', the cool French resort.

Maybe it's just me being dim and nobody else would make the same mistake (all those school years being punished for using 'nice' have obviously taken their toll!). But would ... www.Niceholidayapartment ... be a nice way to avoid the possibility of Nice confusion?
Jim
elena

Post by elena »

Hi!
I agree with French Cricket - I also expected to see a link to accommodation on the navigation bar. Took me a minute or two to see links to the bedroom photos at the bottom of the main photos.

Don't know if it's just me but the photos took a long time to start scrolling - I'd read the text through twice before they began to change & I only waited because I knew they should be scrolling.
I think if I'd been a customer I would have gone before I got a chance to see the other photos which is a pity as your apartment is gorgeous!

Also from the master bedroom page ( all the other photo pages are ok) the link back to the home page is broken.

Elena

Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
join Les Crouquets on Facebook – if you like us, please like us!!