Live Chat

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Hells Bells

Live Chat

Post by Hells Bells »

Has anyone used this on their website? Someone on another forum is reporting 100% booking success with people asking questions about their holidays using live chat.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I'd be interested in that Helen. Do you know how to set it up?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not yet, and I'm not sure I could actually add it to my PMP site, I've already asked them to add Skype, so maybe it's a feature they could add. Guy concerned is a small TO, but even so it may be worth thinking about.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Have Googled it and there are plenty of companies offering that service, but it'll need a recommendation from someone who already uses it and there aren't many reviews that are recent.

Think it'll have to go on my 'To Do One Day' list........
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Windy

Post by Windy »

I tried it - there was a free service I used that was very easy to set up and it was free. http://www.zopim.com/

It looked quite elegant and it did work

It would have been fine if I were tied to the PC, but even with free text alerts I still found myself missing most of the few messages it generated, and in the end I removed it as:

1. It made me look a bit too "corporate"
2. I think it gives a bad impression if you have a facility like that but you don't respond straight away.
3. I ended up with about 20 chatbot contacts on my IM which made things a bit messy.
4. I don't need MORE things to get addicted to. Wine, Facebook, LMH and food are quite enough thanks.
5. It didn't generate any bookings

If it's for you though Zopim is defo worth a look.