how honest are you???

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Looks beautiful, when looking at the advertisement I was confused by the following:

"The living/sleeping space has a double bed with bedside lamps, a large wardrobe for storage, arm chairs, coffee table."

Is the bedroom a separate room or is it what in the US would be called a "studio" apt? which is where the sleeping area is in the same area as the living room? you mention it's a one bedroom so I would assume it's separate. There may be some confusion from folks on this side of the Atlantic...

I would agree with adding more photos of the inside, that will explain a lot without you needing to do a lot of explaining along with the entire apt square footage/meters... I show a photo of the steep stairs at my cottage so people can see what they look like and make their own decision whether that would be suitable for them or not. When asked I mention that small children and the elderly may have a hard time with them.

Great place, love the views, good job showing it off!
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
booboo

Post by booboo »

Hi Wendy@NarrowsCottage,thankyou for the imput :) I have no idea what you call it :shock: It may well be a studio apt. The bedroom/sitting area and kitchen are in a L-shape, the bedroom being tucked away in in the corner/bottom of the L. At the end of the bed the sitting area starts flowing into the kitchen.
Anyway I've added a photo of the sitting area and the house.

I had to add a bedroom number as it was a required field of HR.
I too thought it would add confusion!

@ aasta Sorry.

@ Fleur, something strange is happening, my sister in Ireland says my ad on HR comes up in dollars, it comes up in £s here and as I thought we have added floor size of the rental HR, yet it does not display for some :?
Thankyou anyway, we really appreciate all the help and advise we can get! You lot are great how you are all so willing to help each other and more :)
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I've just looked at the HR advert and it is so much better with the new pictures that you've added.
Fleur
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Nice extra photos! I see euros and pounds displayed at the top of your HR ad.

Is there anyway to get a photo showing the entire space where the bed/sitting area meet and also how that connects to the kitchen? or maybe a floor plan? I think you would then be letting your guests definitely know in advance what they will be arriving to and you won't be worried about them being disappointed. It looks very nice and I like the seating, if there are only 1-2 people you really don't need more than that.

Great job,
Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
booboo

Post by booboo »

Sorry for late reply, we have a stone age internet connection and family visiting.

Where having a few cloudy days, waiting for the sun to come back out, will have another go at getting as much in the photo as possible!
I am taking on board all the sugesstions :)