Cleaning Charges

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Hi Linda,

I just love the idea of hiring him out! Pity we're not closer to you.
ces

Cost of cleaning

Post by ces »

I have a two bedroom small cottage in the Yorkshire Dales. I pay 25 pounds per clean, but this includes my housekeeper taking away the towels and sheets. Is this enough? I want to keep the housekeeper -they are hard to get. I think it takes about 2 hours max at most. We do not charge a deposit and provide everything in the cost of the rent. I often put an extra ten pounds in to cover the fact she sometimes has to do extra-jobs -I.e. replace things that get broken-this is to cover her time.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Ces, this doesn't seem much as she takes away the laundry as well and presumably does it? In France I pay 100 euros for the same altho the house is bigger so it takes longer. UK cleaners are often £10+ an hour so you are doing well :-)

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Ces,

Your rates look cheap and if you are happy with the Job she is doing then I would hang onto her for dear life ...
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Rate doesn't look too bad compared with North Norfolk. Jane keeps our cleaners sweet with various gifts when she sees them of the chocolate or booze variety. In a funny way, these seem to be more appreciated than cash.

John