52rentals.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
mfarmer

52rentals.com

Post by mfarmer »

Would be grateful for information on experiences of using this company and information on sites created using them.
Have been very impressed with their attention to customer service so far..
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

There are a few of us who have developed web sites with this company. I had my own web site, but wanted something that integrated a payment system, then saw a post from Margalide www.maisonmargalide.com and decided to try them out myself. PatchingHolidays also has a site with them at www.patchingholidays.co.uk

My site is at www.brittany-cottage.eu

I have to say that their customer service has been beyond expectations. Ed and I have had many a phone conversation, and he has responded to me at all times of day and night!
The web site costs £120 to construct and £12 per month thereafter. I am amazed I have the web site for the money, as it must have taken days of work from Ed to transfer info from my existing web site to my new one. When the new site is established I intend to cancel my hosting/web site designer service with my old company. If I can attract a lot of traffic to my site I may be able to drop one or more commercial web sites as well, but that remains to be seen.

Although Ed will build and populate your web site for you, I think you need to be familiar with creating templates and be comfortable with some back-end configuration to get the best from the service. It's a bit overwhelming at first but you soon get your head around it all. The classic dilemma between configurability and simplicity. Anyone who has used a template based web site builder will quickly get the hang of it.

Ed was been fantastic at responding to my suggestions for changes, which meant changing the underlying code to accommodate my requests. If you are after a live time booking system with automated payment facility it is well worth considering.
mfarmer

Post by mfarmer »

Many thanks for this comprehensive reply, most helpful.
Best wishes,
Mark
PatchingHolidays

52rentals.com

Post by PatchingHolidays »

Hi,
We are Patching Holidays (www.patchingholidays.co.uk). We started with Eddie of 52Rentals as he released his product. The calendar and direct payment capabilities are great. As has been said before, there is alot in it and therefore a bit to learn - but you have a good and quick starting point.

We're very happy with the 52Rentals website builder.

All the best
Neville Child
Patching Holidays
Neville & Sara Child
www.patchingholidays.co.uk
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

Really nice looking websites that have been built.