Word of warning on Pure Holiday Homes enquiries

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
kendalcottages

Word of warning on Pure Holiday Homes enquiries

Post by kendalcottages »

I just received an enquiry via PHH.

I noticed, when I hit reply, my response was going to an address @pureholidayhomes.com and not to the enqurier!! :shock:

I checked back on previous enquiries and this doesn't seem to have happened previously, but it's something you might want to look out for just in case your replies aren't going where you think...
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

I received an enquiry from Pure last weekend and apon checking I see that my reply was sent back to Pure....

I would assume that the enquirer receives a copy too?

This enquirer actually called me saying she had not received my response and wanted to know if I had availability so either it's not been sent through or it landed in her spam box.

Next time I will make a point of copy/pasting the enquirer's e-mail address directly in the send box.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

ccazes wrote:I would assume that the enquirer receives a copy too?
From what I can tell, only if Pure forward it on. It didn't appear to be being cc'ed or anything like that, when I hit reply.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
ccazes

Post by ccazes »

Although I have not received a ton of enquiries from Pure I have received a few and have had a back and forth with enquirers in the past.
Maybe they have changed something recently as it's true the enquirer from last weekend did tell me she hadn't received my e-mail response back.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Yes, I don't get many either but when I have replied in the past, but my reply has gone direct.

So, at a guess, they have tweaked something at their end that is causing replies to go back to them and not to the original enquirer if you just hit reply, which is obviously far from ideal.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The same thing happened to me with a recent enquiry from Vacationrentalpeople .
seancollins2103

Post by seancollins2103 »

Hi,

We made some changes to our email environment which meant that for 1 week the replies were being routed through us and forwarded - the fix was implemented last Thursday so all enquires are now going direct between respondents.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Glad you managed to get it sorted (though a week does sound like quite a long time to me for something which was presumably only a minor fix). Did PHH forward on owners' replies during that week?
seancollins2103

Post by seancollins2103 »

Yes all replies were manually forwarded during that week
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

OK, that's interesting as I received a reply back from Pure a day later saying:
Dear Homeowner,

Please reply to the enquirer directly.

Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
I understood that to mean my reply hadn't been forwarded.