YouTube videos

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Dotty

YouTube videos

Post by Dotty »

I've made my first tentative steps and signed up to youtube.

Then I uploaded a video. That seems to have worked OK....BUT at the side there are a number of unsuitable 'teenage' videos, and when I linked to my video on my website after it had played 2 of these come up at the end for people to click on. I haven't watched them as don't want to link them to me in any way, but how do I stop them coming up at the end so visitors to my website don't see even the still prompt?

I did think they may just rotate and I was unlucky getting them, but the same ones are still there now.

I only have an I Owners website, which only allows me to add the url and nothing fancy. Is there some way in youtube to do it? Do I have to upload more videos of mine so that they come up as the next video, or can I somehow change what does come up so its something more suitable? (eg other local sightseeing videos). Any help welcome. Thanks
CSE

Post by CSE »

Give us a link then we can see what you are talking about. Usually the videos appear as Google/Youtube cache your searches.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Thanks for looking Ian & Irene,

The youtube for my video is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjIfr4fWTCU

and my website is

www.laroqueholidayvilla.com

where on the right hand side at the bottom of the home page there is the video. When I play the video there and it finishes I see 2 'thumbnails' for the videos which are down the right hand side of the youtube page. One is headed 'Malaysia Airlines- the big flight voting' and the other 'Boyfriend Shananay Review!' and I'd really rather they weren't there.

Do you think they are just cached on my computer and other people will see different things?
CSE

Post by CSE »

I saw those videos too. Both on the side and at the end.

If you want to embed the video on your site when you look at the code there is a tick box which you can untick so that further suggestions are not shown when your video has finish. If you always direct views of your video to the YT channel then there are always going to be suggestions listed. My experience has shown that they are usually related to videos related to information I have previously looked for/at. But not in this case.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Thanks,
I've been playing around with what I can put into the IOwners url box - it doesn't allow the whole of the embedding code which youtube can generate for embedding the video. In case anyone else with an IOwners site wants to do this too I think this works now:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjIfr4fWTCU?rel=0
I think the ?rel=0 is the bit which stops the extra thumbnails at the end.
(Only problem now is that I was experimenting with it on a different page of my website and I can't delete it again from there - still not a huge problem it looks OK there too!)