Web site rebuilt

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
NuBeginnings

Web site rebuilt

Post by NuBeginnings »

In an attempt to improve website usability and the browser experience we have re designed our main site to incorporates both our the UK and French bootcamps This will also hopefully make the SEO easier. Rather than trying to optimise two standalone websites.
Its been designed around word press in attempt to raise our google organic profile at least that is the theory.
This is what one of the old sites was like.
www.nubeginningsfrance.com
This is the new site as you will see it combines both bootcamps What do you think of the new site ?
www.nubeginnings.co.uk
NuBeginningsFrance

www.NuBeginningsFrance.com
I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humor.
tavi

Post by tavi »

At a very quick glance (because I should be checking the supper, not on here

:roll:)

Only looked at the first page of both. I like the old site, love the colours and the interior photos, which set a scene of elegance and pleasure as well as weight loss. Would make me want to look further into the site.

The new site looks fine, but seems to have less character/atmosphere....

Don't really like the big inyaface box asking me if I want a BMI report.
After all, don't most people know how to work out their BMI?....and if you only have my weight and height (and email address!) you won't seriously be able to give me a "report". Or have I missed something? Is there another way you could get people to sign up...a newsletter or something?

Sorry to criticise and run...
sallyandalan

Post by sallyandalan »

Both sites look good to me, but I can see the point of combining UK & French together. The layout on the new site was clear to me, there was no confusion about which location was which.

just a few comments:

- The header "Boutique Weight Loss Retreats" in Merriweather font looks a bit pixellated on my PC, so looks a bit weak.
- Really like the scrolling magazine reviews on the old site, very impressed to see that amount of press. Noticed that the PDF files are scans, so just images. Google really rates text in PDF files, so if you can get any of these as generated PDF it would help SEO.
- I agree with tavi about the BMI report, looks like that might get visitors distracted from the site before they look further.
NuBeginnings

Post by NuBeginnings »

sallyandalan wrote:Both sites look good to me, but I can see the point of combining UK & French together. The layout on the new site was clear to me, there was no confusion about which location was which.

just a few comments:

- The header "Boutique Weight Loss Retreats" in Merriweather font looks a bit pixellated on my PC, so looks a bit weak.
- Really like the scrolling magazine reviews on the old site, very impressed to see that amount of press. Noticed that the PDF files are scans, so just images. Google really rates text in PDF files, so if you can get any of these as generated PDF it would help SEO.
- I agree with tavi about the BMI report, looks like that might get visitors distracted from the site before they look further.
The reason we decided to combine both sites was to make the SEO easier. The UK site has been going for four years and ranks on the first page of google organically for most relevant key search terms. France has been running two years and mostly appears on the first page.
However trying to keep both sites at the top has a significant time and expense cost both organically and PPC.
Combining both sites will dramatically cut or PPC rate which is about 4k per month !
The BMI report has provided popular and generated over 60000 potential leads !
Will re look at the font on the header "Boutique Weight Loss Retreats" on a PC I use a mac and looks fine. Thanks for the feed back always good.
NuBeginningsFrance

I could not tread these perilous paths in safety, if I did not keep a saving sense of humor.
Redmen

Hi Nu

Post by Redmen »

I like it and if I was over your way I could do with losing a few pounds!

The picture on the new site really grabs you and it does look lovely. Not sure about the exercise on holiday tho! Maybe that's why I need to lose a few pounds!!

Red
Up the red men!!
NuBeginnings

Post by NuBeginnings »

Thanks for the feedback ;-)
NuBeginningsFrance

964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

I like the style, and photography, the only bit that dissapoints on the front page is the small tag for shopping, and FB, it looks a bit tacked on at the last minute.

I've also liked....if you could return the gesture.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
NuBeginnings

Post by NuBeginnings »

Hi Kevin.

Liked !
NuBeginningsFrance