Sending a facebook link

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
booboo

Sending a facebook link

Post by booboo »

Hi everyone, I was thinking about sending our Fb link to enquires, what do you think?

I know it would mean extra work ie keeping it up to date bla bla bla
katz

Post by katz »

Hi boo boo

Strangely enough I was thinking exactly the same thing! I do keep my FB page up to date. I can't see that it will do any harm, it's up to the enquirer if they chose to click on the link after all! :D
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I just have mine in my email signature underneath my website links. Easy, goes to everybody, you don't have to remember to add it and it doesn't feel 'pushy' :)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

French Cricket wrote:I just have mine in my email signature underneath my website links. Easy, goes to everybody, you don't have to remember to add it and it doesn't feel 'pushy' :)
Me too, it is there but no-one is obliged to click on it. I keep my page updated at least once a week if possible. I don't think many people do actually click on it though - just like they don't my website links judging by the questions from people who enquired via listing sites. Most of the answers are on the website if people just clicked on the link!
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

I agree - it does no harm to post it. I do to all my enquirers now - if they want more pics or a guide to whats on in the region then its all extra info to help them decide whether they like what you have to offer & your approach to your guests. In these difficult times it helps you to stand out from the others maybe. If they aren't into facebook then they don't have to click on the link.
booboo

Post by booboo »

Hi, have deceided to add it, as said it cant do any harm.
Does anyone know how to take a photo out of a album and add it to another without deleting and reloading?
Thanks
Maisy

Post by Maisy »

I now send my FB link with enquiries, but it is very long, how can I shorten it to just the name of the propety?
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

Maisy wrote:I now send my FB link with enquiries, but it is very long, how can I shorten it to just the name of the propety?
You can shorten it, if it is sufficiently unique or you have more than 25 "likes" -- see http://www.facebook.com/help/pages/usernames
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

You could also use a URL shortener such as goo.gl
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.