UK TV on a Wii, XBox, PS3 and Apple TV abroad

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Medoc Bob

UK TV on a Wii, XBox, PS3 and Apple TV abroad

Post by Medoc Bob »

We have just launched a new product called Console Connect. The box simply plugs into your existing router modem and into the mains. That is it no other setup!!!!!
Then it creates a second network in your house, one that is connected to our servers in UK.

So if you connect any of the above devices to the network above you will be in UK and be able to enjoy all UK TV on your main TV set with no complicated setup!, no wires! just plug and play.

More info here
http://www.lamnia.co.uk/console-connect.html

P.S Finally a bit of sunshine in the Medoc and Im stuck in UK !!
Back in UK, our house in France is now back as a Holiday Home
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

So would I plug it into my freebie or the netgear router? And then I would be able to watch uk restricted stuff on my computer if I've understood correctly?
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

just thought I'd point out the typo

Important Notice, Netflix and BBC iPalyer are only available on UK purchased Wii consoles. Contact customer support if you are unsure.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Bob - I can't find the answer to this question in your FAQs.

Once you have bought the basic unit (which includes the first 12 months subscription) can you then purchase month by month on an ad hoc basis or do you have to subscribe for a whole 12 months at a time?
Medoc Bob

Sorry for the late reply

Post by Medoc Bob »

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have been very busy back and forth to the UK for the launch of Console Connect......mind you I did get to come back to France with loads of UK goodies..........including a Curry from a legendary curry house in Blackburn..
Medoc Bob

Post by Medoc Bob »

FelicityA wrote:Bob - I can't find the answer to this question in your FAQs.

Once you have bought the basic unit (which includes the first 12 months subscription) can you then purchase month by month on an ad hoc basis or do you have to subscribe for a whole 12 months at a time?
Hi Felicity, once again sorry for my delay in answering. In answer to your question. The basic unit with 12 months VPN is £199 After the 12 months yes you can choose to use month by month or any other package we offer.

If you contact me here we would be able to offer you the basic unit at £139 and configure it with a single month and then renew the VPN as and when you want to use it.

Bob
Medoc Bob

Thank You

Post by Medoc Bob »

holidayloverxx wrote:just thought I'd point out the typo

Important Notice, Netflix and BBC iPalyer are only available on UK purchased Wii consoles. Contact customer support if you are unsure.
I have just sent your comment to my web designer.

Thanks for that
Medoc Bob

Hi

Post by Medoc Bob »

wallypott wrote:So would I plug it into my freebie or the netgear router? And then I would be able to watch uk restricted stuff on my computer if I've understood correctly?
Again sorry for the delay in replying. Great name by the way, Wallypot.

The device Console Connect is more designed for devices such as Wii, Xbox, PS3 that do not have a VPN capability.

If you just want to watch BBC TV on your computer you only need our VPN from £6 per month

Buzz me on here or speak to any of the support guys on the website to help you

Bob
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

Hi Bob,

You were offering a discount to LMHers - is there one on this? Also, if I have a switch connected to my router, can I connect your box to the switch, or can I connect the switch to your box (as I have about 4 things connected by my tv, plus all my computers)?
lasourcetranquille

Bob,

I'm also trying to compare your box to the "hopper box" here - http://www.haseurope.com/vpn.aspx which is only 50€. I'd obviously rather support a fellow LMHer but 130€ compared to 50€ is a fair whack - could I not buy a hopper box then subscribe to lamnia?
lasourcetranquille

Hi Bob,

Any chance of a response to this? I am trying to make a buying decision and would rather support a fellow LMHer if I can!
lasourcetranquille

Really disappointing not to get a reply almost three weeks later. Does it say something about the quality of the service from the provider? I hope not, but it looks like I will have to look elsewhere...
Medoc Bob

Very sorry about the delay

Post by Medoc Bob »

Hi I am really sorry about the delay in answering. This is my personal account on the forum, it is not run by the company. If you ever need to speak to Lamnia you can always chat to a live support operator who would be able to answer any questions or queries live in real time.

The Hopper box does offer a similar service to the Lamnia Console Connect and VPN. However the price for the VPN is a lot more from HAS at 150€ as opposed to Lamnia at £60.00 So the prices sit at €200 for HAS and the Hopper to £199.00 for the Lamnia Console Connect. So although slightly more it is a comparable price.

As I said we offer UK based Live support as opposed to email contact form with HAS. With Lamnia the support is included in the price. HAS charge which I could not find the price but they do say they will only respond to support requests to customers who have paid their yearly support fee.

In addition with the account you get with Lamnia you can install on as many devices as you want ( only 1 device connected at once ) so you can use the VPN in different locations which is very important if you are using public hotspots. When the Console connect is connected you can connect as many devices as you want through the VPN.

I cannot see the tech spec of the hopper box on their website but it does look like a domestic router configured for VPN our boxes are very high spec

It has five Ethernet ports, one USB 2.0 port and a high power 802.11b/g/n wireless AP with antennas built in.

It is also possible to connect an external MMCX antenna to replace one of the built in antennas.

The device is very small and will look good in any home or office. Wall mounting anchor holes are provided.

Specifications:

CPU: Atheros AR7241 400MHz CPU
Memory: 32MB DDR SDRAM onboard memory
Data Storage: 64MB onboard NAND storage chip
Ethernet: Five independent 10/100 Ethernet ports
LED's: Power, NAND Activity, 5 Ethernet LED's, Wireless activity LED
Power Options: PoE: 8-30V on Ether1 (non 802.3af). Power Jack: 8-30V DC
Dimensions: 113x138x29mm
Weight: 230g
Power Consumption: Upt to 7W
Antennas: 2x2 MIMO PIF antennas, max gain 2.5dBi. External MMCX option

Once again I am really sorry I was not reply, as you know I am only back in France for 6 months and that is nearly over!!! We have to return for school in September and I had spend the last few weeks in UK house hunting.

If you have any questions about the Lamnia service. I would recommend going direct to the website and speaking to Live support or by email to Lamnia for instant answers.

I will also arrange that any LMH customer who purchases a Console Connect or a normal years Lamnia VPN service will receive an extra 2 months subscription for free.
lasourcetranquille

I've just spent about an hour online with MedocBob going through all the options and have ended up going with Lamnia. Thank you very much to him for all his help
Medoc Bob

La Times says Lamnia is better than NBC

Post by Medoc Bob »

Imagine how busy we have been with press like that in America

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-t ... 0370.story

I am due on a plane to Uk in the morning

Bob