holiday-rentals.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
A-two

Post by A-two »

alexia s. wrote:Joanne, I don't know how scammers choose their "victims": we have been with holiday-rentals since 1998 & have never received one. Maybe New York is more profitable than Provence.....
Or perhaps they think we are less shrewd...:-)
Don't worry about the (non)enquiries - yet - holiday-rentals becomes active in Jan-Feb.
That's good feedback, thank you. As it happens I did get a serious inquiry today. The cynic in me says it was a response to my own PR here, but hopefully you are right. The deal I have with Holiday-Rentals allows a refund by mid-March if I'm not satisfied, but I don't want my money back, I want it to work for us, so I'll just be patient and see how it goes over the next few weeks.

All the best,
Joanna
ww.propertyangels.com
willemijn

also I had hardly any results from holiday-rentals

Post by willemijn »

am wondering whether the lack of results could have something to do with me not being English ... my friends here in Umbria all are with holiday-rentals and have masses of bookings. I have noted the same with a german site ... Gastgeber.de, all German house owners are doing fine here and I really don't.
Coming up right now is PerfectPlaces, with a free introduction. Good is Ownersdirect and HolidayLets.net are also not bad.

I would like to hear the view of English or American on the likelyhood you rather book with UK or USA owners? Seems very likely to me.

Willemijn Lindeboom
www.villainumbria.com
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Willemijn!

I for one don't care which nationality I rent from. I really don't think that would be a big factor, since you speak good English anyway.

I had a look at your holiday-rentals ad and there are couple of minor grammatical errors on it - I'll PM you a corrected version. But the problem with the ad I think is that there just isn't enough text. There is no selling going on, and very few features are discussed. The pictures are good, but I don't know what the place is really like. There are three other text fields you could fill in on the ad, I think it's under the tab 'Further details' when you are updating the ad. And there is plenty more room for writing something at the top of the ad.

I always advise owners to write as if they are writing a letter to a really good friend, telling them all about the house and why you love it. This helps the copy be enthusiastic and informative, and really sell the house's best points.

Remember that when a potential renter reads your ad, she has a question echoing in her head: 'Why should I care?' You need to give the renter reasons to care.
Paolo
Lay My Hat