How many beds??

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Foxandsot

How many beds??

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello

We have a 3 bed villa (well we will when it's built!!) and I was wondering how to lay out the bedrooms.

I think it was on this forum that I read, if you are aiming for the family market you should have 1 double and 2 twins. My problem is that our 3rd bedroom would not fit 2 twin beds in, it's very small. I don't think it would be a good idea to make both of the bigger bedrooms into twin rooms. Do you think families would be put off by 2 doubles and 1 twin?

Hope I'm making sense :)

Michelle
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

I'd go double, twin, bunks. Some people have safety concerns but kids love them. If you go for the full size, expensive bunks, they'll take adults too - we've had adults in ours.

John
A-two

Post by A-two »

Our twin bedroom is a "split king", meaning the mattress zips and links together to make a king bed if preferred. This flexibility is popular. Otherwise I would go for 2 doubles and one twin room so that you can accomodate 2 couples without children comfortably when the kids have gone back to school. That's what I would recommend for our market here, but yours may be different.
cedwardbrice

Post by cedwardbrice »

Not sure how it is in Europe but I find in the US you should really have a at least 1 king bed, 2 twins, and 1 queen.

We aloways make sure to have some pull out sleeper sofas (queen) and ideally 1 areo bed in a closet.

I have a two bed golf casita and I thought I was going to have to split the queen (kept the king) as I initally thought that I would rent mostly to men. Honestly it have never been a problem.

You will find the majority of people...at least those that the leading the group look foreward to a king.
Mi casa es su casa - My house is your house

Blog:http://vacation-home-rentals.blogspot.com/
Ju

Post by Ju »

I think king sized beds are much more common in the US than they are in Europe. I have three properties, sleeping 28 in total, and do not have any king sized beds. We have never had, in four years of renting, a single comment about the size of beds, only how comfortable they are.

Ju
cc

Post by cc »

In our 4 rooms we have a queen (200x140), 2 200x90 that cannot be joined, 2 200x110 that can be joined to make a large king size and 2 200x90 that can also be joined. Gives us a lot of flexibility but means a lot more linen. We are also prepared to move the beds around if people have special requirements.