40th birthday party

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Everything is fine, here's an abridged version of the reply:

Thanks for the response - if more people said what was worrying them then the world would be a much better place! I totally understand your concern about your neighbour, as having grown up on a farm myself I know how good country neighbours can be but also how unforgiving they can be over the slightest thing, so rest assured! Being able to stay on in the restaurant is also a much better and easier option for me.

So I have fewer concerns now - his 80 year old mother is also coming along - and I have taken a good deposit just in case!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

A very gracious response from him. We can all sleep easier in our beds tonight!! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

Good show and well done all of you

nice one
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk
enid

Post by enid »

An excellent result -now I'm more worried aboiut what the 80 year old will get up to :wink:
debk

Post by debk »

Our next door neighbor broke her leg doing Portuguese folk dances on her 80th birthday. (I hope to be so spry at the same age. :) )

Seriously though, what a relief. Well done, Susan!
debk
A-two

Post by A-two »

Well done Susan,
I must explain that my less moderate approach to the one you took is as a result of having been seriously taken advantage of last year on the occasion of a 60th birthday which resulted in 250 people, 26 cars and 6 boats invading our property unknown to us. The only thing that made it bearable was the fact that we had a good security deposit to mop up the damage. Now I only have to hear the word birthday and I go into a complete panic! This thread is a good lesson for me to remember that not everyone is deliberately trying to take advantage.

Our house is always left spotless when the Grandmother is included. I love Grandmothers!
Ju

Post by Ju »

Sounds like he is going to be a good guest, well done Susan.

I agree with joanna - three cheers for grandmas!!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

What a potential nightmare!

I'm glad it turned out well. It is easy to fly off the handle, I admire your restraint and sensitive handling Susan, as a result everyone is happy.

Sarah