facebook Again

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
barbersdrove

facebook Again

Post by barbersdrove »

I've just got round to putting my fen-acre facebook page on the facebook URl listing. As part of the process I've liked everyone elses pages. It struck me as I was looking at them all that some people are well skilled in the facebook type communication and others are still struggling to get their heads around how best to make it work for them, I include myself in this second lot. There were a couple of basic things though that i thought it worth mentioning.

Some people have not put what country they are in let alone what area. My geography is not good so it would not be immediately obvious to me.

Quite a few do not have pictures of the inside of the accommodation itself. Lots of pictures of the area, wildlife etc but for me, I want to know what the beds are like, how much room etc.

To me, it's your website but in another guise as I think most of us spend the time putting it together in the hope it will bring bookings in.

Just a couple of points. I hope you'll forgive me if they have been made already elsewhere.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Good points there. I'm off to take another look at mine to see what I've included.
Harborfields

Re: facebook Again

Post by Harborfields »

barbersdrove wrote:Quite a few do not have pictures of the inside of the accommodation itself. Lots of pictures of the area, wildlife etc but for me, I want to know what the beds are like, how much room etc.

To me, it's your website but in another guise as I think most of us spend the time putting it together in the hope it will bring bookings in.
I guess I am guilty of the no photos of the interiors of our cottages on our Facebook Page -- but then I don't see our Facebook page as "our website in another guise." rather I see our Facebook page as a supplement to our website, a place to "blog," share photos, and tell little stories to help maintain connection with and the interest of past guests who have "liked" the page, as well as to intrigue potential future guests who happen across the page -- hopefully they would go to our website to get more details, and I do periodically post links to the website to remind people that it exists.
la vache!

Re: facebook Again

Post by la vache! »

Harborfields wrote:I see our Facebook page as a supplement to our website, a place to "blog," share photos, and tell little stories to help maintain connection with and the interest of past guests who have "liked" the page, as well as to intrigue potential future guests who happen across the page -- hopefully they would go to our website to get more details, and I do periodically post links to the website to remind people that it exists.
That's my opinion too. It isn't a replacement for a website, more a supplement. An excellent idea Harborfields, to post links to the website frequently - I don't and will make sure I do more often in future as the url is impossible to find on the FB page itself.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

I think facebook serves all those reasons also but don't understand why you would not show pictures of your product on any web presence you have.

I did look at your facebook page and looked at the photos and your place looked to be a lovely setting. The fact there were no internal pictures make me think 'um, maybe it's not so lovely inside' over the water it could be very basic etc. I'm not saying it is obviously as I haven't seen it (as i didn't click through to your website) but that would be an issue for me.

People are lazy and if they are just browsing, probably more so, so catching them whilst they are on your site seems to me to be important as they may click through to your website but may well not. Internal photos don't have to take centre stage, far from it, but an album for them if people do want to explore further seems to me an opportunity that shouldn't be missed.
Harborfields

Post by Harborfields »

I don't really disagree, and I will make photo albums for each of our nine cottages when I get a round tuit.

But really it is not the interiors why people come here, it is the setting and the views!
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

when I get a round tuit.
I know someone who's got one of those! :D