HL New Booking System

For topics that are specific to Portugal, please go here.
apexblue

HL New Booking System

Post by apexblue »

New booking system has sprung up today.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Yes, noticed that when I logged in too. The reduced Paypal fees sound interesting.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Why is this posted in the Portugal section?
The fees sound very good, 1,4% for UK to UK transactions instead of the normal 3,4%, but they don't mention other international rates. And I suppose it only counts for bookings received from their listing site. Which in my case is very few!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, I hadn't realised it was, it just came up as a new post.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Sorry can it be moved please.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

la vache! wrote:I suppose it only counts for bookings received from their listing site. Which in my case is very few!
On the face of it, it looks like you can use the system for enquiries received from any other source, so the lower transaction fees are not only applicable to HL enquiries.
However, for non UK to UK transactions, they do refer you to the PayPal fees and T&C web page. By all means take a look. It would print on 29 pages of A4 in very small print :cry:

I did start the registration process, but having linked your PayPal account to HL, you then have to click to grant HL fairly sweeping permissions to access your account. They are probably quite innocuous, but it feels scary. e.g. Access to all your individual transactions (it does not specify that HL can only access HL transactions).

As a management system its competent, very rudimentary and assumes your requirements are basic, simple and standard, and that all your guests behave normally.

Again, like Reviews, I do question whether one wants all these extraneous services as part of a Listing site. If, say at a later stage, they fail to perform as a listing service and you unsubscribe, you lose all your bookings records !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Richard, as I recently renewed with HL, just to try it out, I have given the permissions to HL, and you can remove it in your profile, I have set it up with a uk paypal account, just to see what happens next, and tested the system out. One more reason for an independent booking system with Paypal link ;-)