OnlineSolutions cold caller?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mountain Goat

OnlineSolutions cold caller?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Bizarre cold call today from someone trying to promote a listing site - "....would you be happy with an extra 6-8 weeks of rentals this year...?"

Not pleased that (a) I wanted to see their website before spending some ludicrous amount on guaranteed returns and (b) that I normally made joint decisions with Mrs G on our advertising ("...haven't you, Mr Goat, got the strength of your own convictions?" - and (c) I didn't want to give him my credit card details on the phone before I knew what I was being asked to buy, it was hovering on the edge of surreal for a while.

Time-waster extreme. I can recommend in these circumstances a small device that I've only seen on-sale at Geneva airport for SFr5 - it is a small plastic thing, which when turned upside down emits a very loud and realistic long cow-like moo. Applied to the phone at close range, you explain to the caller that you are in the middle of milking, and they just vanish; very quickly.

Goat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:lol: They've rung me a few times- each time I say I'm in the middle of something and hang up- it hasn't deterred them from trying again though :cry: Maybe I'LL just moo down the phone myself next time :shock: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

I hate telephone cold calls - Kevin always tells them that he's really interested but just has to check on something on the stove - then he leaves them hanging on!!
Giddy Goat

Re: OnlineSolutions cold caller?

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mountain Goat wrote: I can recommend in these circumstances a small device that I've only seen on-sale at Geneva airport for SFr5 - it is a small plastic thing, which when turned upside down emits a very loud and realistic long cow-like moo. Applied to the phone at close range, you explain to the caller that you are in the middle of milking, and they just vanish; very quickly. Goat
I had this same call twice last week, and I recognised the poor girl's voice - the first time she rang,a couple of months ago, I established she was calling from an Eastern European country - forget which. I just fib and say we have all the bookings we can handle thank you and it does the trick. But Goat, that little device could still come in handy for other, similar calls. Do they have any that bleat? More our speed don't you agree?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be