Repeat guests think we are charging too much?!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
harcourtv57

Repeat guests think we are charging too much?!

Post by harcourtv57 »

Have received an enquiry from guests who stayed with us two years ago. This was welcome as its always (well nearly always!) good to hear from previous guests. They want a week in August and we happen to have 12 days left due to someone else not confirming.

I duly sent booking form along with price and got a response to say thanks but that this is much more than they would consider paying for a weeks rental in the UK :shock:

We haven't raised our prices for 3 years now and having looked at their previous booking, which was a short break, they will be paying less per night than they did then -and this time there is 3 of them to share the cost rather than two . . . . . . . :roll:
Marks

Re: Repeat guests think we are charging too much?!

Post by Marks »

harcourtv57 wrote:We haven't raised our prices for 3 years now and having looked at their previous booking, which was a short break, they will be paying less per night than they did then -and this time there is 3 of them to share the cost rather than two . . . . . . . :roll:
I would email back and make that very point!
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Montana

Post by Montana »

^ +1
Acid corrodes the vessel.........
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Yes... exactly as Mark says.

I don't think you can say much fairer than that.

And the fact that you have very little availability remaining would seem to suggest your pricing isn't over and above where it should be.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Clearly they were hoping for a "last minute" bargain. :roll: I too would point out the price per night difference in a succinct but polite email. But hey, some you just can't win!
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

Well thats exactly what I have done - politely of course - followed by deafening silence from the enquirer . . . . .
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Last year we had a request for a family who had been twice during summer half term. They wanted to know how much for two weeks end August/beginning September. I sent them a whole series of options from the top (all high season) down to a VERY good deal for last week August and first in September.

I explained that I realised that this was a lot more than they had previously paid but that we were talking about our best season and I had done my best with prices.

Similar result to yours, Harcourt..
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com