Towels - which ones?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

:idea: :lol: You're right, I'm sure I could, LV. With rules and regulations I tend to be terribly British when I should be more French and think laterally. Yes, I could probably use his SIRET, benefit from the TVA deduction but then, of course, not put the towel invoice through his business.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I'd love one LV. I am having such a nightmare with my SIRET. It comes from the Tresor Publique (following the advice of ex-accountant) and as such is not recognised by anyone else - TESE, URSAFF, METRO etc so employing a cleaner is proving to be a serious hurdle.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mine is from Tresor Publique too, but I haven't really had to use it for anything else yet.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I just asked my tax office for one when I started up here. Is there a difference in where it comes from? I suppose knowing French admin it is impossible to change once you have one.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, I think I was just sent one after I sent in my first tax return.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Hmm. Shall have to investigate this one. We declare as a microbic, but our statute is 'particulier' and our income is classed as 'revenu de patrimoine' (we get the usual cdh abattement but pay CSG/CRDS instead of regular cotisations). Which means that normally the impôts don't issue SIRETs, but it might be worth asking if I can have one anyway.

Thanks LV.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

HelenB wrote:If you can wait for an M&S Home event the bales are often on a 3 for 2 offer. I ended up with 9 bales for a stupid price and most are still going strong.
Helen - if you see this offer & remember could you post it please as I'm also needing new towels soon. Thank you.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

kyreniagirl wrote:
HelenB wrote:If you can wait for an M&S Home event the bales are often on a 3 for 2 offer. I ended up with 9 bales for a stupid price and most are still going strong.
Helen - if you see this offer & remember could you post it please as I'm also needing new towels soon. Thank you.
Yes I would like to know too - need to do some topping up soon.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nothing on the website at the moment, not for the bales anyway. And since when have they been £25 each?
I've just checked back in my email folder and mine were just £7.50 per bale (before the 3 for 2 discount) in 2009. A while ago but not so long that they have trebled in price.
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

HelenB wrote:Nothing on the website at the moment, not for the bales anyway. And since when have they been £25 each?
I've just checked back in my email folder and mine were just £7.50 per bale (before the 3 for 2 discount) in 2009. A while ago but not so long that they have trebled in price.
Crisis, what crisis? :shock: :shock: :shock:
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Sadly M&S don't do their basic ranges anymore Helen. The sheets are more expensive now too.

Having said that...I did buy one of the more expensive bales last year as I was desperate, and I have to say the quality was excellent. Very soft towels.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The nine bales I bought then are still going strong too, so quality wasn't an issue, although some have now been assigned to the store room. The original cream ones I bought in 2005 are still in use at home too.