Patio chairs and tables

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Ju

Post by Ju »

Have you tried oogarden? They have a good choice; I've ordered through them before and am very happy with the product.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I hadn't heard of Oogarden before, so thanks for posting about them, Ju. There are a couple of nice salons de jardin which aren't too expensive, although neither tables seem to have parasol holes in them!
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

I had looked at Oogarden - but as LV states, there is still a distinct lack of holes !! But nice to hear that you're happy with them, great prices - I think I'll go for them and have the parasol at the side of the table as Mols suggests.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

it sounds to me like your wooden ones have done you good service so why not spruce them up again but replace a couple and the same next year etc, a rolling replacement programme. though I can see that means work and a higher outlay but 7 yrs use is some going.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

But aren't parasols shoved in holes in the middle of tables inefficient? As they can only ever cover everyone at mid day...after that it's half the table.

Stand alone parasols can be moved around to follow the sun and cover everyone in shade more or less.

Mousie (in thoughtful mode)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Thank you for all your input.

I have now ordered this. Although I only needed 6 chairs per table, this is the only size table that comes with a parasol hole. So now I've got a couple of spare chairs if anybody breaks them!

I decided on this because I was very nervous about parasols standing to the side of the table, because they don't have any support higher up. I realise that the sunshade aspect is not good at all times, but people tend to move to the shade area if they want it and I, for one, like to sit in the sun! I can use my existing parasols (of which I always hold one spare, in case of breakages). Although glass would have been nice, I was also worried about the glass getting cracked, which would mean a whole new table - these tables will be much easier to maintain than the old ones and the chairs are lighter and more comfortable.

I have already sold 3 of the five currently wooden table and chair sets for 50 euros each!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

That's the one I'd have gone for. In fact I might. I highly recommend not getting glass tables for big groups of people who tend to move furniture around a lot :roll:
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Just a little update :

5 tables and chairs ordered on Monday - arrived yesterday afternoon - 4 hours of unpacking :shock: Guests sitting at the tables last night.

Excellent quality for money - very comfortable chairs.

4 of the five old tables already sold

:D
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Excellent result, Caroline, they look great.

Has anyone any experience of the Ikea Lacko chairs linked by Wallypot above?

We need to replace all our outside chairs and they do not to be terrifically weather resistant as they are in a covered terrace. I like the fact that they are smaller than ones with arms as even with a 2.6 metre table the ones with arms make it look a bit squashed. Mainly interested in how robust they are!
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

We have been using the Lacko ones for about a month and they seem to be holding up ok - the weather here has been absolutely awful, so they havent had a lot of use but they do live outside - so no signs of rust of anything.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Pepsi we´ve had a couple of the (green) Lacko chairs on a little south facing patio outside our own apartment for the last 18 months. They still look absolutely fine - am particularly impressed that the colour hasn´t faded in the sun.
If not now, when?