apartmentsdirect

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
terrerouge

apartmentsdirect

Post by terrerouge »

I've been looking to see if you've already discussed apartmentsdirect.ie but haven't found anything. Has anyone had any experience with this site? They spam very regularly and I went for it as the offer just felt too good to pass up - of course the upshot is not surprising, not a single enquiry from the site. They claim to be running television ad campaigns and a lot of other promotion for their site. When I wrote to complain about the total lack of enquiries, I was offered extra photographs, and told to subscribe to the special offers and late availability pages, and I'd get the two at 100 Euros instead of 200. I found out that the extra photographs were of course conditional to paying the 100 Euros.....

I'll not be renewing the ad, but I'd be curious if anyone has had similar experiences?

Many thanks!
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I was looking at their latest offer earlier today - 25€ pa plus something special, but I didn't get round to investigate further.
I have considered them in the past, as an alternative market, but I have also spoken to some friends of ours who have tried them without any success whatsoever.
My sister lives in Eire and I keep meaning to ask her whether she has even heard of this outfit.

Robert
memes

Post by memes »

Yes I was after the Irish market too and signed up with them - i think it was 30 euros or something. I think their 'TV advertising' was on extremely niche cable channels.Got nothing out of it - they guaranteed me bookings or my money back - think I have kept the email somewhere, bet they try to give me a free year instead.
Anyone got any good tips for reaching the Irish? - I know their holidays start earlier than the UK ones so it would be great to take advantage....
Jo Tomkinson

Post by Jo Tomkinson »

I advertised with them, and not received one single enquiry - however, it was cheap and worth a go, but needless to say won't be renewing the advert when the time comes.
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

I'm based in Ireland and have also received their mailshots. However, I have not heard anything of them through the Irish media.

I tried to contact them a number of months ago about listing on my site and heard nothing from them.

(A friend of mine also listed with them, but had no luck.)

Regarding targeting the Irish market, online is probably best : I've had several enquiries through Ownersdirect and Travel Library (which is free) in particular.

Several renters commented that they contacted me because they saw my Irish phone number in the Ad and reckoned it would be easier to deal with another Irish person in the event of problems.

There are also print media options, but I would not recommend them.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

How weird it this!!!! After reading kevins post above, I remebered I had registered on travel library, but not finished the listing. I have just completed updating it about 20 minutes ago, and I have just got a booking from it!!!!!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

And yes, they are Irish.