Pool pH

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Hells Bells

Pool pH

Post by Hells Bells »

Not a lot I can do about it, as it is a communal pool, but I suspect from the current regular closures that it is not being managed properly, so would like a little background before I complain to the Syndic.
Until recently we had a gardien who did the regular ph checks, contacted the pool company when needed etc, and all ran smoothly. He has taken extended paternity leave, and isn't expected to return, so a cleaning company has been engaged on a contract basis. Different people come on different days, sometimes pool is closed when it should be open, and open when we expect it to be closed. (We have a list of agreed opening times).
Guests arrived yesterday, and pool is closed until Tuesday. Only reason given is 'wrong pH' . Guests in May had the pool closed as there wasn't the right chemical to treat it. The previous guests were aware of restricted opening, but it turned out to be closed on the only day they were there when opening was planned.
We are always given very vague answers when we enquire.
Our USP is the availability of the pool all day in the summer, so to say I am displeased would be a great understatement.
pitway

Post by pitway »

Not sure of the legislation, but being a public pool then it should be checked daily several times, I think these also need to be recorded etc and available should they have an inspection.

I guess the first question to ask the syndic is what measures are in place to ensure that the pool is looked after properly? and why are they having to close it because of a lack of basic pool chemicals not being available to correct problems.