The little things that make it all worthwhile

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
A-two

The little things that make it all worthwhile

Post by A-two »

Folks,
Just want to share this with you - last saturday we checked in a family who have an 18 mo. old called Jane who had never seen the beach or had sand between her toes. I was there at that very special moment. It was magic, almost as good as watching my own daughter take her first steps.

Jane was fearless, staring at her feet in 2 inches of water, not believing her eyes, oblivious to the crab that was approaching her toes, then she suddenly plunged head first, face down into the water, with Mom following fully clothed to the rescue!

Having only met this family 10 minutes before, I suddenly felt very close to them, having witnessed one of the great milestones in life, then the moment was gone and I was rushing to find beach towels. Wow, what a happy moment!

Now, 1 week later and sad to see them go, I asked, "I'm dying to know, is Jane swimming yet?". "Yes almost," they said, "she woke up every morning asking for 'wa', and we had to get her a swimming vest, she was completely fearless of the water. That's all she wanted to do all week".

After their departure today, I found many kind comments in the guest book, signing off with, "We couldn't have dreamed of a better way to spend the week together."

I love them!!!! Can't wait to see you next year Jane!
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Yes, have to agree. Our last guests gave us the following feedback after their holiday.

"Best house we've ever stayed in! Absolutely everything we needed there and everything thought about ie even socket covers. Thank you for a lovely holiday. We've never had a holiday where we could sit on the beach everyday in glorious sunshine!"

The last comment must be unique for North Norfolk!

John
enid

Post by enid »

A great story Joanna - cheered me up as we are up to 90 finishing our annexe to gite 2 ready for Sat - you reminded me why I wanted to do this - thanks :)
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Joanna it's stories like this that makes it all worthwhile.
:D
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

That's lovely!

We had a couple whose daughter took her first ever steps at our place. Also a couple who were celebrating their first wedding anniversary. They didn't tell us in advance but they were so enthusiastic and looking forward to the trip that we had left them a bottle of Cava and a card. They were thrilled! They said they would never forget their first anniversary.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I had my first bunch of flowers from happy guests this weekend.

Two families each with a disabled child, all desperately needed a holiday. One of the children got ill so I ended up taking them to the Doctors twice, but I also babysat twice to give them a rare chance to go out. They gave me a huge bunch of flowers and promised to be back next year.

Ju
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

What does it for me is when children write in our guestbook.

Last Christmas I got the following comments from two little boys:
"I had an amazing time in Le Gaillon. I wish I could live here" (Connor) and "Christmas day was the best ever I have had" (Billy).

I still get a lump in my throat when I read comments like these.