Apartment in Rome

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
CarolineH

Apartment in Rome

Post by CarolineH »

Could anybody recommend a nice apartment in the centre of Rome for November - 2 adults and 2 children, please?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Sadly the one we rented for 2 years is no longer available but we booked through Holiday Velvet and they have some excellent choices that are much cheaper than hotels which we found expensive (and generally awful). We stayed in the Trasteverearea which I would recommend; good choice of restaurants at reasonable prices and within easy walking distance of all the main attractions.

We also booked a car to pick us up at the airport and take us back and this worked out cheaper than a taxi - why?Because taxi charge by the hour so if you're in heavy traffic it costs more. The car price was pre-set.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I stayed with my son last September here: http://www.sunsetroma.it/ in one of the apartments (I think there are only two and I don't see our one illustrated). It had a very big sitting room with two single sofa beds and wifi and TV. A good kitchen (although not a lot of equipment for doing any fancy cooking), a very nice double bedroom ( + a dressing room area), looking out on the front (you can lean out the window and see the Colosseum at the end of the street) and a bathroom with a very whizzy shower (water came out of about 7 different holes in the wall) so it was a perpetual surprise which bit was going to get washed! The man on the desk who I think was the owner was very helpful although I think he only speaks Italian. We thought it was reasonable for the quality and the area it is in. The street behind has some nice restaurants and a handy little mini-supermarket and we just walked everywhere from there.