Outgoing Server Address

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
judyc

Outgoing Server Address

Post by judyc »

I am trying to set up my new computer, using Windows Live Mail for both wanadoo and orange addresses.

I have no problem in receiving emails but can't get it to send. I have the outgoing server addresses set to smtp.wanadoo.fr and smtp.orange.fr but just get error messages. Port number is 25, and I have also tried 2525, 587 and 8025 as per some suggestions on google, but no luck.

I do remember that I have always had a problem sending out from the orange address even on my old computer, but rarely used that address so didn't bother. Only now have I realised it was something perhaps I could have sorted.

Cab anybody with a wanadoo address help me please?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I use port 25 for outgoing messages with wanadoo/orange but the encrypted connection box must not be checked. Have you tried port 26 as an alternative?
mimosa

Post by mimosa »

Try also in advanced options " my server requires authentication"
judyc

Post by judyc »

Thanks, guys. I have tried ticking the server authentication, but will try again with other combinations including port 26.

Do yours both work tith the smtp.wanadoo.fr? I am sure that was what I had on old computer!

Will try later today. Heading off to see Tour de France.
judyc

Post by judyc »

Have finally got it working, using port 587 and with the server requiring authentification box ticked.

Thanks again for the suggestions