Help - altrnative accomodation needed

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Ciapolin

Help - altrnative accomodation needed

Post by Ciapolin »

I have arrived in Provence for a week's holiday with my family (4 adults, 1 child and 1 dog). The property is not cheap, and to our horror it is filthy - it obviously hasnt been cleaned for a long time, or at least what has been done has been very superficial.

I have spoken to the owner (who lives on site) and tried to be nice about it and he has said he will try to find someone to clean tomorrow. The problem is I dont think any of us want to stay here - if for nothing else than we are tired of cleaning and are afraid of catching something.

Does anyone by any chance have anything available for this week?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Carole-Ann where in Provence are you?
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

At Néoules, about an hour from Aix
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My work colleague has just come back from near there, but the accommodation they stayed in is booked.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thanks for trying - everything I've looked at is booked too. Looks like we'll have to make the best of a bad job.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I hope he managed to at least find someone to clean for him.
Marks

Post by Marks »

It's a pity owners like this can't be named and shamed in some way. TA or listing site review possible?

Try to find someone to clean it? What a pathetic response. :twisted:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

He has been in to clean today - my sister saw him doing it, although you wouldnt realise it to look. The problem is the grime has been there for years - and he clearly doesn't see the dirt in the same light that we do... We have spent the evening sweeping the garden, cleaning the bathrooms and trying to clean the kitchen again :evil:
I would have turned around and gone back home, but my sister and her family have flown in for a week and so are fairly tied to what they can do.
The owner is a Brit and very nice - clearly shocked that I dared to suggest there was a problem (which embarrassed my family - I have clearly been living abroad too long!). But really- this place is a health hazzard and it makes me angry that there are hard working people out there who are tarnished by people like this.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
Marks

Post by Marks »

Ciapolin wrote:it makes me angry that there are hard working people out there who are tarnished by people like this.
Absolutely. What if you were a first time renter, never done it before? Experiences like this would mean you would not do it again and tell all your friends and colleagues how bad it was.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.