Facebook page reclassification to 'community page'

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
katz

Post by katz »

Mine was reclassified whilst we were on holiday in Brittany. I have used the link that you supplied and explained why we are a business - will wait to see what the response it. Thanks for posting up about this FC :)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

la vache! wrote:My page hasn't been re-classified....yet.
The change FB have made also seems to be linked to why you can now have a Page name so quickly without having to have the magic 25+ likes.
The re-categorizing seems to be completely random??
When I set up our FB page very recently I didn't see anything about the magic 25+ ; all I saw (still see - 22 Likes so far, thanks!) was this:
Once 30 people like your Page, you'll get access to insights about your activity.
I set up the page with categories of Companies & organisations, sub category Travel/Leisure.
No idea if that's relevant - I'm still trying to understand the basics of FB!

AFAIK I haven't been reclassified.
lorca

Post by lorca »

Greenbarn wrote:
I set up the page with categories of Companies & organisations, sub category Travel/Leisure.
No idea if that's relevant - I'm still trying to understand the basics of FB!

AFAIK I haven't been reclassified.
Us too - I wonder if it´s something to do with the category you chose when you set up :?
If not now, when?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Don't think so - reading the FB forum threads there seems no rhyme or reason to it. At all.

I started off as 'local business' then changed to 'travel and leisure' to get a link to my site on the landing page.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

An update: today I noticed that my 'your page has been reclassified' box has disappeared. It was there yesterday, and I've no idea whether it means I've been un-reclassified, as no contact from FB (of course), but I hope so.

One thing I read on the community forum about all this was that many of those reclassified had something in their page title for which there was a community page already or would lend itself to a community page, and it was recommended to change the page title to just the name of the business. I had Ariège (our département) as part of my title, but I did then change it to just our house name, then sent another contact form to FB. So whether that's made a difference or not, who knows. But it's all fodder for rumination.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I went back to being a business page but now see I am a community page again.............
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Me too, roxytoo :cry: