The Rev James

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Lesblancs

The Rev James

Post by Lesblancs »

A few weeks ago I complained 'tongue in cheek' that I hadn't yet received a scam - well I have now.

This is our first year of renting, & we are eagerly awaiting our first ever guests in a couple of weeks time.

Until I joined LMH I didn't even know scam bookings existed, or even worse, what to look for. In hindsight I just hope & think that commonsense would have prevailed.

Nevertheless, hindsight wasn't necessary, & I even found the exact letter on Mountain goat's antespam recommendation.

Thanks to all of you.

Just out of interest I quoted a weekly rate of £1500. There were 2 further Emails following the laid down script.

Robert.
Enquiry : Hello Am James Am from me and my family will like to know how yourun this rentel,well are on a vacation for this year Below
> > Details of the Reservation Below:
> > Date:1st of Oct to 30th Nov 2006
> > Time of arrival:10 am
> > Rooms:Apartment
> > No of people:2 adults And 1 son
> > and we are as well willing to buy a small house around that area that your house is located,well we are referring to that will wanted to Rent your aprt that you havefor rent on a monthly rentel or weekly rentel we are planning staying i mean we wanted to buy a small house in that area butbefore then we wanted to stay for 2 Months rentel ionly want to stay around and check the security area before i buy the house that i intends to buy in that area ok,so i will be veryglad to have the amount for the monthly rentel and if you do no trun monthly rentel we are as well ok by weekly rentel,i will be very glad to tell you that we are much interested in renting your home,well will like have all info that you think real tenetwill n! eeded to know about,wel l we wi ll be starting the rentel by (1st of Oct 2006 checking till 30 Nov 2006 Checkout a nd as well while we stay in t he aprtwe will be making uses of things like bike and some otherassecories i hope that is Ok.i have 1 kids and one wife and me allmaking 2 in number,i will needs to know more about the house you have for rent,any way Here is my Information below :