Please help, Bad vibe

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
david a

Please help, Bad vibe

Post by david a »

hi

This is our first year and have had a few bookings which have gone fine so far. However we have recieved an enquiery which was very blunt and to the point (boardering on rude) we repleid saying the property was available for the 1 month and 2 days required (also a bit weird)and that we could give some discount for a long stay and then receive this reply

"Hello Dashy
Thanks for the kind gesture you have for me,please i want you to help me make the arrangement for the reservation,including the date fro the month, and let me know the total cost including some necessary fee along with it,so my regards to your familyand mail me back as soon as possible.
Thanks
Mr&Mrs Jones Mill."
tell +447031846466.

Also they had a a graffiti.net email which i think is a free one

Any thoughts would be most welcome

Thanks

David
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Definite signs of a scam there I think.
gh

Re: Please help, Bad vibe

Post by gh »

david a wrote: and let me know the total cost including some necessary fee along with it
Tell tale sign here I think.
levelsteps

Re: Please help, Bad vibe

Post by levelsteps »

david a wrote: Mr&Mrs Jones Mill."
tell +447031846466.
The following is from http://www.joewein.de/sw/419-phone-uk.htm#phone-uk

Most "419" scams using +44 70xx numbers involve emails that are sent from Nigeria and other West African countries, not from the UK! If you see a +44 70xx number in a 419 scam email it usually means you're dealing with criminals based in Nigeria.

UK phone numbers starting with '70' are "Personal numbering" in the "Find me anywhere" range. Charges for calls to these numbers are not distance-dependent. They can cost as much as UKL 0.50 (USD 0.90) per minute to call and can forward the call to virtually any phone number in the world. Forwarding numbers can be set up for free and completely anonymously via websites such as uknumbers.com.

In most cases when you call one of these numbers the phone that starts ringing will actually be a mobile phone somewhere in Nigeria, as the UK number has been programmed to auto-forward calls to another number. These +44 70xx numbers are used as a redirector service to obscure the fact that the person taking the call is not actually based in Europe. The UK number is used to lend credibility to the scam. Unfortunately the authorities in the UK do not seem to be taking action to shut down such phone numbers.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Scam! Do not touch.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
david a

Scams

Post by david a »

Hi guys

Thanks for the good advice and for comfirming my fears. I know this may seem a little naive but what do they get from this and what are they hoping we are going to do next.

My learning curve is getting steeper,

Regards

David
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Money-your money is the simple answer.
paolo

Post by paolo »

See this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=8164#8164
Paolo
Lay My Hat