Bloody Observer!

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

If only it was that easy! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Chianti

Re: Kirkland and problem guests

Post by Chianti »

Liane Goodlife France wrote:Dear Kirkland, maybe we should all have a button on our enquiry forms asking which newspapers our prospective guests read, that would sort the problem out! LOL.
Maybe not, if they left it blank you wouldn't know if they can't read or just forgot to fill it in.

Chianti
Garri

Post by Garri »

Red Rum, in defense of The Observer, the 'spam' email you received was not from them but from a 3rd party called Web Windows who buy full pages in many publications and then rent out various 'spots' on those pages to advertisers.

Even so, I wouldn't have defined it as spam.

I received a similar email from the Mirror Group who are going to be running a special eco travel supplement. Pretty good deal it was, and I would've taken their offer but my site has nothing to sell (by that I mean I don't sell holidays nor do I get commissions on bookings). And besides, I get enough editorials in 'better' newspapers, for free ;-)
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

You wouldn't say it was spam??

I would, non requested emails like this are what make the whole thing farcical.

mine is below:-

Hi again,

Two emails in two days can only mean one thing – there’s something even better to tell you now…

For the last few remaining panels in the The Saturday Times Magazine I can now make the rate an even more tempting £258, reducing your cost per thousand readers to just £0.152p! It’s such good value for money for a publication with such brilliant brand strength, 1.7 million readers and genuinely readable content.

If you want us to get started on designing your ad, get in touch now and I’ll reserve you one of those last panels.

Best regards,

Amelia

Again? we haven't talked before, I didn't invite you to talk, and as far as I recollect, I will be the one who judges value, not you....damned irritating this stuff is, and people still get caught out.

Thank heavens for LMH. sense in the world at last.....

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.