No Wifi.....a good thing?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Mine if free too, supplied for the whole residence, and it costs me very little each year anyway. I've also got a disclaimer as I can't guarantee it. A big storm often fries the FT/Orange cabinet and the main routers.
Jacqueline

managing your property

Post by Jacqueline »

Is anybody using a company called Telitec in Moraira for their Wi-Fi and is it any good
Val

Wi Fi

Post by Val »

We provide a dongle which I got from Three; every month I load it with 3Gb data allowance which costs me £15. I don't charge any extra for this- it all balances out : for example we provide Leisure Club passes which we HAVE factored into the rental and more often than not people don't use them.
No one has overused it; we've had it about a year now and it's been popular with the guests who've used it, many have remarked on the speed and good signal. I would say more guests don't use it than do, though. Pity the data allowance expires if not used.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

We recently went to turkey. The hotel charged £5 for an hour of Internet access, but it was not wifi, it was via Ethernet cable so we couldn't use it on iPhones or iPads, even if we were prepared to pay for it!
Every evening the owner and barman would look beseechingly at us as we all trooped out of his very pleasant but mostly empty bar area to have cocktails at the neighbouring bar where they had free wifi - yet when I suggested to him that people would spend more time, (and much more money!) if he were to provide free wifi, he just didn't seem to get it! :shock:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

NC, not much use if the internet isn't free, but I've bought a portable router to plug into the ethernet which seems to be very common in hotels, it converts it to a wifi signal for the iphone and my tablet device.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I am intending to add wifi ,wonder if there are any other companies in our region.
Ive looked at the one that Mark and Jacki use.

Take care Rosxx
Jacqueline

managing your property

Post by Jacqueline »

Big Sis.. wrote:I am intending to add wifi ,wonder if there are any other companies in our region.
Ive looked at the one that Mark and Jacki use.
I am adding Wifi this year too.i looked at iberbanda but i dont think it goes as far up as us i think it only goes from Murcia to Alicante,thats why i wanted to know if anybody uses telitec because the go up to Valencia.
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

We had (returning :D ) clients this summer who between 6 people had eight Wi-Fi enabled devices. They consumed approx 80GB of data in two weeks. I dread to think what that would have cost if they'd been paying data roaming charges. Thankfully our service has unlimited allowances.

I think it's fair to assume that Wi-Fi is important to them!
theoharis

Wifi Essential

Post by theoharis »

Hello,
I can now say from experience that provision of free wifi access is essential for our guests. Even the basic service of 2Mbps because we are at the edge of ADSL coverage is greatly appreciated by the guests.
If some of them want to chill out away from it all, they do not have to use it!
However plenty of them want to use it to for all sorts of reasons (which are none of our business).
Offering free wifi also means that it will be easier for them to post photos to Facebook and Instragram from your property (=free advertising).

BTW All of our guests are from mainland Europe (non native speakers).

As per 3G data access...this costs (especially when roaming) and it is not of the same quality as ADSL.

To sum it up, I cannot recommend enough offering free wifi access to guests.

Theoharis
pambon

Post by pambon »

I recently had guests staying and Mrs Guest, on booking, expressly asked for WiFi as she had to do a minimum of work during her week here.

I consider my connection slow (54Mbps) but she told me it was fantastic and so much quicker than her UK connection!!

Nowadays WiFi is as essential as a bathroom!
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

I can't imagine how our guests would cope without! Not just for their own regular communications but it is a boon for being able to contact us with questions without having to use their foreign mobiles (not to mention for us sending replies) and we are regularly asked to print stuff out like local info not available in print as part of our very extensive info folder, flight tickets...
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
pambon

Post by pambon »

pepsipuss wrote:I can't imagine how our guests would cope without! Not just for their own regular communications but it is a boon for being able to contact us with questions without having to use their foreign mobiles (not to mention for us sending replies) and we are regularly asked to print stuff out like local info not available in print as part of our very extensive info folder, flight tickets...
Agree 100% pp!! (saves me 64 steps down to the apt. and 64 up again, especially in this heat!!)
Marks

Post by Marks »

I have seen an increase in bookings since installing Wi-Fi, should have done it earlier! It has also got we longer winter lets as well. I would say it is a must have now.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

We've had skiers over the winter on trips to Europe from New Zealand , Australia, USA and South Ameria for whom wifi was essential. Many of them were working remotely.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I get so annoyed when I travel and go to hotels which don't have wifi. If I can supply it in the wilds of Wannie why can't they?! It is a definite deal breaker for me.