Problem with Holiday-Lettings' e-mail enquiry forwarding?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mountain Goat

Problem with Holiday-Lettings' e-mail enquiry forwarding?

Post by Mountain Goat »

We've had problems with enquiries being forwarded to us by e-mail and SMS from Holiday-Lettings.

Our property is split into 3 apartments, and is therefore available as 4 properties (whole chalet, + 3 apartments). These appear as 4 separate properties on Holiday-Lettings (and also Holiday-Rentals). Both these rental sites forward enquiries by e-mail and SMS.

Trying to fathom why we get few enquiries, and zero bookings from Holiday-Lettings (despite their really unbeatable Google positioning with our keywords) we found that none of one apartment's enquiries for May and June were forwarded to us by e-mail. Some made it by SMS, but just got lost in the high(ish) volume of SMS that I get. (Both HR and HL give you access to an archive of incoming e-mail enquiries, so easy to check).

The enquiries looked good, and bookings could have been made.

We use a unique e-mail address for each of the rental listing sites, so easy to identify each source of enquiries, and our spam filters were also searched for any stray genuine e-mails.

The lesson, I guess, is to check your archives (and it's the first time I have done this) and double-check incoming SMS.

HL are investigating.

Anyone else had this problem?

Goat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gh

Post by gh »

Nope, we get many bookings from the enquiries the site generate for us. Hope it is resolved v.soon for you.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, John.

HL couldn't be more proactive in seeing what the problem is, and although I've goldlisted their domain for incoming emails from them that wasn't the problem.

Goat
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No problems for us, I received the enquiry from the Israeli company via both SMS and email, I have also had a booking too.