french holiday vouchers

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
barbersdrove

french holiday vouchers

Post by barbersdrove »

Has anyone heard of these? I have had an enquiry today that asks 'do we accept holiday vouchers, if I go by my council' Anyone know how these work?
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Peggymac

Post by Peggymac »

Maybe they mean Cheques Vacances which are holiday vouchers that some people in France have from their jobs and maybe by other means. I think there are quite a lot of discussions on here about them.
We take them and had to be classified either by Gites de France or the Prefecture. If you take Cheques Vacances you expand the range of people who are potential customers. We have not regretted it.
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

How would that work as we are in the UK?
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Peggymac

Post by Peggymac »

You have to have a siret number AND your gite also has to be classified (by Gites de france, Clevacances or the local prefecture) and then you can take and claim back Cheques Vacances
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

barbersdrove, the short and easy answer is that it wouldn't work in the UK. I think Peggymac has assumed that your place is in France.