Is this one a scam?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ciapolin

Is this one a scam?

Post by Ciapolin »

Hi,

I've had this in today. I'm suspicious because I don't know who Italian Accomodation are, the English is bad and it ends in God Bless (what is this world coming to - am I becoming too cynical?).

Italian Accommodation Notice

Sender name: john
Number of nights:
Start date(s):
Number of adults:
Number of children under 16:
First email address: xxxx@yahoo.com
Second email address: xxxx@yahoo.com
Telephone number: +44
Additional information: Hello, I am John,And i saw the advert of your accomondation which i like to confirm if its still be available from the month of October 1st till November 31st.2006,And i will like to know the situation of the area and the total cost for the whole period as well.Also i like to confirm if there is a parking space to park a car,cause i have already booked for a car that i will be using for the whole period of time that i will be using in there as well,And i have make a deposit for the car as for my use,Ok? So i will be willing to read from you asap. Thanks. God Bless.
How did you find us:
Would you like advance notice of last minute bargains?:

Yours truly, Italian Accommodation! http://www.italianaccommodation.biz[quote]

Any views?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Ju

Post by Ju »

I don't know if it is scam or not. I would reply, indicating your terms and conditions for payment and see what they come back with.

ju
Last edited by Ju on Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thanks Ju - I have responded and I'll wait and see what if anything comes back.

I've had a look at the listing site - I don't remember registering with them and when I've asked for confirmation of my password and log on details for the e-mail address they contacted nme on, it says they aren't listed. The information and pictures are all very old, from an earlier version of my website.

I'll wait and see what happens.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Is this a scam? Is the pope a catholic?

Two months rent, deposit on car, poor English - the large cheque that you can cash and then repay the surplus is in the post!

Just my opinion, but I'm definitely getting cynical.

John
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Just a quick update, - I've had an e-mail this evening from Italian Accomodation to say that this is indeed a scam.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin