Accommodation in Cornwall needed

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Happylady

Accommodation in Cornwall needed

Post by Happylady »

Has anyone got a property in Cornwall suitable for 6 adults and 3 dogs - my daughters wanting to book somewhere next year
Laurel

Post by Laurel »

Hi Happylady,

We are in the final stages of buying our cottage in Cornwall (fingers and everything else crossed!!) and are planning to have it ready by Spring next year. It may be of interest?

It is a lovely granite Cornish cottage, spacious but cosy with woodburner and lots of character alongside modern kitchen, bathroom etc. It will sleep six in three rooms (can be made up as doubles or twins) and has private parking for 4-5 cars.

We have dogs ourselves and will aim to make the property truly pet-friendly as this is our main target audience and there seems to be a lack of good pet-friendly accommodation in Cornwall. Our house has a safe, enclosed garden, walks from the back door and a utility for muddy dogs/boots. We don't plan to restrict the number or size of dogs (within reason!) and we will aim to make it feel like a real home-from-home.

The cottage is located in a hamlet in the countryside near St Austell within easy reach of both coasts and lots of dog-friendly beaches. It's 10 mins drive to the South coast path and 20 mins to the north. There are lovely sea views just a minute's walk up the footpath from the back door and road-free cycle/walking trails all the way to the Eden project. The hamlet has a friendly pub (2 mins walk) and there are shops 5 mins drive away. We know that part of Cornwall very well and can give lots of tips on the best walks and places to visit.

We obviously don't have photos or any advertising available yet but I will be very happy to answer any questions and can give a fairly accurate estimate of prices for next year. Please do get in touch if it sounds like the sort of thing your daughter is looking for :)

Here's hoping our venture is as successful as yours!!
Happylady

Post by Happylady »

Thanks for this info the cottage sounds lovely.
Laurel

Post by Laurel »

Just re read my post and realised it's a blatant advert and almost certainly against LMH rules :oops:

Wasn't my intention - it's just that the buying process has been dragging on for over six months and I have been thinking about it all for so long. This was the first time I've had the opportunity to put all those thoughts in writing and got a bit carried away!

It is a lovely place and we're very excited about it. However, for now I will try to concentrate on getting on with the work at hand and look forward to posting a website for review when it's ready next year.

Cheers!