Google +1 + Facebook: Let's Mix & Match

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
ThaiCharles

Google +1 + Facebook: Let's Mix & Match

Post by ThaiCharles »

Swapping Facebook or +1 likes is one thing, but we are wary of how this may be detected and devalued. Our suggestion and proposal for fellow LMHers with either Facebook and +1 profiles is therefore as follows:
  • You visit our site http://www.geckovilla.com and +1 it by clicking on the +1 button at the head of the page.
    You then email us to say you have done so, noting the name of your +1 account, and sending us the link to your Facebook page.
    We then visit your FB page and like it.
Of course, the reverse is also possible: If you wish to take part in thus building positive social feedback, please proceed as above and email us, using (importantly) the email address detailed on the Book Gecko Villa page of our site, rather than by posting replies on this thread - as that could quickly become unmanageable.

Other LMhers who would like to participate (ie announce to other LMHers that they are open to email proposals as above from other members) can post on this thread, simply giving your homepage URL and details of either your FB or +1 page. Thereafter, interested parties would email you directly rather than replying on this thread, thus again avoiding it becoming unwieldy.

We hope the idea appeals - even if it means you need to read the above paragraphs twice, preferably with a strong cup of espresso!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Sounds a bit of a faff to me. If we think social media is the way forward (and I'm still not convinced that many of us are getting bookings through Facebook, Twitter and Google+), aren't we just better putting our energy and efforts into getting potential guests to like / share / follow / +1 ...?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

Sounds a bit of a faff to me too.

Before adding my page to the FB list, I went through the list and liked everyone else. Now when I get a notification to say the thread has been updated, I just go on and like the new addition.

By doing it this way I've already liked everyone, you included.
ThaiCharles

Social means...social

Post by ThaiCharles »

In response to the "faff judgements" (!), it seems clear that reciprocal liking on social media sites serves no purpose, as what the search engines are looking for is interactivity and exchanges - or social activity/buzz around places, people and things. These giants, to use an analogy, can see if we simply have a telephone number in our little black book, or if we actually call that number frequently - and at that stage they note what that telephone number is often called for.

Now, LMH is an active community, in a sector in which we all have some form of interest, with the vast majority of us being rental owners. By expanding some of our interactivity to social channels, we will be seen as being active in that field.

By taking some of our interaction to direct posts on each others' FB pages or by +1ing and then sharing & commenting on news with people in Circles on Plus 1, we will get our telephone numbers marked accordingly.

Of course I also agree that guests who like us are a good thing but, if they are seen to be interacting with us, then so much the better.

In a nutshell, social media is just that - social. Sitting in the corner of a crowded room in silence, under a rug, is unlikely to win an award for social skills. Although admittedly one could perhaps find all kinds of interesting things there...
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Its not a faff, especially if Google aggregates searches, count me in.

just click on my link to my website :D

http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Please.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.