Smart Water

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Sue Dyer

Smart Water

Post by Sue Dyer »

We've just had the local crime prevention guy around. A while ago they advertised they could mark your property with "smart water". Apparently this has a unique "dna", it is colourless and glows under a u.v light. We've had all of our electrical stuff done, cameras, jewellery, mobile phones. You can buy the stuff too but worth enquiring at your local police force if they offer this service. http://www.smartwater.com/ We're looking into getting stuff in the cottage marked too.

There is also a very interesting anti burglar gadget, it sprays the intruder with smart water. This takes weeks to wear off. Northumbria police make everyone who is arrested walk thru a U.V arch to check them.

Speaking as someone who has been burgled here 4 times in 25 years any technology that helps is welcome.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sue, sounds interesting.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

That is really, really cool. I wonder how effective it would be in the U.S., since at the moment I doubt any police force here knows to look for this. But once it gets here, sign me up! :)
Brooke