facebook competitions/promotions?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

facebook competitions/promotions?

Post by Nemo »

Last Minute Cottages, a UK and French listing site are currently running a promotion. If you like the site, share the relevant post and they reach 500 likes by a certain date, you are entered into a competition for £75 of vouchers.

Having looked at their page at the start of the promotion, they had over a hundred likes. Within a couple of days they have reached over 750 likes, so smashed their target and are well on their way to 1000.

That is a great success, and a powerful reminder of how well some promotions can work.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this sort of promotion, or tried anything similar themselves?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Just did some further research and found this on facebook.

What are the guidelines for running a promotion or contest on my Facebook Page?
For a complete list of official policies, please read our Promotion Guidelines. Here is a summary of the most common guidelines that promotions violate:
■All promotions must be managed through a third-party app.
■You must not use Facebook features or functionality (likes, comments, videos, photos, cover photos, etc.) as a promotion’s registration or entry mechanism. For example, the act of liking a Page or checking in to a place cannot automatically register or enter a promotion participant. Similarly, requiring someone to share a post or photo in order to enter a promotion is not allowed.
■Facebook features and functionality, such as the Like button, can't be used as a voting mechanism in a promotion.

So that sounds as if it breaks the rules - but how can facebook stop it, once all those likes and shares have been done?
elena

Post by elena »

I think Nemo that if you are caught they can take down your page & you have to reapply to get it back.

Nearly every competition I've seen breaks the rules in one way or another so probably the risk of low profile pages getting caught is quite low.
I looked into running a competition once but it was so complicated in the end I didn't bother.

Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook