Please tell me how long photos take to load!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
roxytoo

Please tell me how long photos take to load!

Post by roxytoo »

Hi Guys, am in the process of doing another site here

can you tell me if I have optimsied the photos ok for the slideshow? I had them all quite small but they were overstretched when put into the slideshow and all blured, I have enlarged them but wonder how long they take to download especially on dial up! :lol:

Don't look at the rest of the site cos still in very premature stage!
Last edited by roxytoo on Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi, quick enough for me (on broadband) place looks lovely!!
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

Hi I'm not sure how relevant it is, but i find the easiest way to upload photos is in Picassa(its a free download program by Google) It is a photo album storage program but it does let you upload photos and resizes them at the same time. I email any photos i need for my web site to myself, then save them and then upload them to the web site. It may sound long winded but i find it works fine and is very easy to edit my photos before i send them.
Ju

Post by Ju »

The timing is fine on broadband for all the photos.

i know you haven't asked for comments on the content, but I feel some of the photos are a bit bare. The kitchen for example would look much better with a bowl of fruit, or some fresh bread on show, and the pool would look better with a couple of loungers next to it.

The property looks great by the way.

Ju
roxytoo

upload

Post by roxytoo »

thanks all, thats great about the timing, was worried as I had to upload them large to get the definition!

Thanks aslo Ju re the photos, trouble is the property isn't mine (wish it was!) and the photos aren't either! So I am kinda tied with what people can give me!
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

from the ones i saw on the slideshow, they are all above 120k, which is too large really.

Having said that as they are displaying the location in such lovely clarity you may want to keep them that way.

I would apply jpeg compression at 70-90% depending on the amount of colour areas (more areas, higher size) to reduce the file size by at least 50k.

hope that helps!

:D