anyone here familiair with wordpress...?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
B&B netherlands

anyone here familiair with wordpress...?

Post by B&B netherlands »

first of all: i was amazed to see how many LMH'ers have visited my website, since i announced it here! my stats counter is almost 'all yours'... which is so nice, like feeling part of a worldwide family...

now my question.

my youngest son built the website, using wordpress, as he was familiair with it, making his own website. his is meant for the 'dutch market', he's an independent media professional, and a jolly good photographer. (mainly newspaper press and recently radio).

i asked him is it possible to make an english version of my website...

the answer was: i don't even know if that can be done, with wordpress.

to make it even more complicated: i also 'own' two other B&B-addresses, but they still are 'sleepers' but could be activated.

i am totally NOT familiair with this...

i can write a text in english, photos are available, i DID have quite a few guests from abroad even before my own website was activated, but most of them came to me through their dutch relatives or friends, and i'd like to open that market for myself. i'm fluent in english, german is no problem, i'm picking up my rusty school french more and more, since the other son married into a french family.

anyone...??? any suggestion would be appreciated.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Not sure what the question is to be honest, but it should certainly be possible to do a version of your website in English on Wordpress. I have one in French and one in English. They have different addresses - English one is normandierentals; French one is manche-locations, both pretty much identical in terms of pics etc just different text.

I used a LMH member - Martin Jarvis - reasonable cost; really helpful etc. He will answer your questions for you I'm sure. PM me if you want his details.
B&B netherlands

wallypot: THAT could be the solution... two different addresses, as you have yourself.

thanks for the advice, i'll look into it.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I direct people to the site that suits there language requirements!
B&B netherlands

aha, so you mean: on the 'other language' website, you have a text 'for english, click here'? smart!!!!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Just little flags on all the pages so that people can link to the pages, that way if they come by some other way than the home page they are still getting what works for them.
enid

Post by enid »

Wordpress has a languages plugin which I used for mine
elena

Post by elena »

We have www.lescrouquets.net for our English site which has a French flag clicking to the French site www.lescrouquets.fr
This has a UK flag clicking to the English site. Both built by Blue Voda not Wordpress but I suspect you could use this technique with virtually any programme.

Both sites are identical ( more or less ) except the text in different languages.

Elena

Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest
CSE

Post by CSE »

Whether you use wordpress or not all you have to do is ensure what your customer sees is in English. To help you with ranking then you could also add English titles to photos and change the relevant meta tags to English on the pages with English text.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.