What is the best way to show Pricing?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
robby0_16

What is the best way to show Pricing?

Post by robby0_16 »

Does anyway experience problems when setting up pricing on rental websites? Many of which have very rigid pricing rate cards. I know it is very difficult to have a rate card to suit all.

It seems very difficult to set up all the various options - seasonal pricing, minimum lengths of stay, late booking discounts etc.

Can anyone recommend any rental sites that handle the complex issue of pricing particularly well?

Maybe it is best to give as little info as possible (possibly just just a highest and lowest weekly rate). Then encourage people to contact you if they need more flexibility.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not sure if it will be a suitable site for you or not, but I am listed on Internet-cottages. The pricing can be done using a calendar for which you have a owner console. You can set prices, add special rates , discounts and extras. I currently am listed because I paid for the calendar, but I think you can sign up for this through internet cottages too.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I think the cottage guide has a similar system. I am with both sites and very happy with them. I don't want to update more than one calendar so I concentrate on the one on my web which clearly shows availabilty and price per specific week.

Personally on any prices I hate the "from and to's" as I know the one I'll pick won't be the lowest!!

Maybe a bit easier as I don't do weekends or discounts! 3 nights is my min for which I'd charge 3/7th's of the weekly rate and round up to the nearest sensible figure. I don't advertise that though, just less than a week is price on application. You just have to do your homework first on when half terms/bank hols are. Good Luck! :)