OE6 playing up

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

OE6 playing up

Post by pambon »

Here's another query for all you IT guys! My laptop is about to crash since I'm having problems everywhere but the main one that has just appeared is that when I click on 'reply' on an email, OE has decided to send it straight away (with nothing written naturally). I see it flash into & out of the Out box then it lands into the Sent box.

I can get round it by clicking on either of the two other sending options (or copy and pasteing the address into a new mail) but it won't let me reply to sender...

Am seeing about a new machine on Wednesday (not too soon under the circs.!)

Have I inadvertently clicked on something or is it just old age, like it's owner!!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm no IT guy.....but have you deleted or archived your emails lately or is OE running "bloated" so to speak?

If you haven't archived lately, try that for starters, as Outlook generally can throw wobblies when it is storing too many emails.

I too need a new computer - desktop though - just need to get around to placing the order before it all goes pearshaped!