Who does the booking?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Hells Bells

Who does the booking?

Post by Hells Bells »

Just a thought, is it the man or woman who usually sort out the bookings with you? Just recently I've had 2 booking enquiries from young ladies whom I sent invoices to, who have then been overuled by their partners and have booked for (in my opinion) much inferior properties in really ugly ski resorts. One persons delay actually cost me another booking, the other was just this morning, and took up half an hour of my work time to sort out as it was for this weekend.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Looking at all my enquiries for 2006, 61% were from females, 39% from males.

What I thought may be more interesting is those that turned into bookings, but alas, of the enquiries that turned into bookings (30% of total enquiries), it was exactly the same, 61% bookings from females.

Still don't know what, if anything this is saying.

Of course we never know what goes on behind the scenes and whether its just the lady of the house who is more proficient with email, with hubby making the calls or whatever.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

One of therm emailed me via HolidayLettings, the other called me (from Travel Library). They have both told me they wanted to book and I emailed the relevant paperwork, only to be told that they and partner either couldn't agree where to stay, or the partner had booked somewhere else. Personally, I tend do book most of our trips, although it turns into a bit of a chore sometimes.
janskov

Post by janskov »

I my area it is overwhelmingly females booking – about 80%.
I am thinking about putting more emphasis on kitchen, bathroom and the fact that we are crazy about cleaning.
A-two

Post by A-two »

I wouldn't put much weight on the reason anyone gives you for declining. Using a partner as an excuse is often the easiest way out for anyone who doesn't want to hurt someone else's feelings. It's the good cop/ bad cop routine.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yes, I think you're right Joanna- good cop/bad is the easier way out !! My bookings are overwhelmingly female, haven't done the stats but I should imagine 70% minimum.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Joanna, I normally wouldn't think twice about it, but she was furious when she rang me to apologise!!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hey, it was nice that she rang to apologise, bet that's a mainly female thing too- duck- ouch :wink:
A-two

Post by A-two »

HelenB wrote:she was furious when she rang me to apologise!!!
Then she has more problems than booking a vacation, so you're best out of it.