Copyright- images and text copied

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
paul smith

Copyright- images and text copied

Post by paul smith »

An estate agency has copied an image off of our rental website and also text describing the complex and uploaded it to there website.

my website : www.peyda-apartment.co.uk

There website:

I have only just seen it and have sent their webmaster an email briefly saying they have 24 hours to remove it or we will take it further. I also told them that we can prove we have personally taken the pictures due to having the jpegs on camera.

Did I do the correct thing ?

Paul
[/url]
Last edited by paul smith on Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martha

Post by Martha »

That's the usual practice. I've never known it go beyond this, actually, people are usually just embarrassed to be caught. :)
gh

Post by gh »

Of course you did. I stupidly did not realise that you could not take anything from a web site.

Unless you negotiate a price for them to keep it on their site. :wink:
paul smith

Post by paul smith »

To prevent this happening again, I have put the url over the top of the images. Take a look: www.peyda-apartment.com

Is this a good thing?
:D
paul
Vally

Post by Vally »

I have just copied a few piccies from places of interest around here to advertise them on my cottage website ...I figure I am advertising them so why should they care... if they don't like it they can tell me and I will remove them