Back scratching on Pinterest ?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Here is mine:
http://pinterest.com/ribeirasacra/
Being a DE on TA I was invited to join that board. However "Ray" tells me he can only see the cover photo. What can you guys see? I may have to write to Trip Advisor about this as it seems useless if you cannot see what is being posted... just had a thought maybe you have to follow the posting??
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Here is an add on for Firefox which may help you PIN
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... ght-click/
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

elena wrote:Just come across this thread & coincidentally I had just started a pinterest a/c this morning & haven't got much further than the 5 boards I'm supposed to choose from a pre given list ( none of which I particularly want to follow ) Can't seem to get past this bit so assume it has to be done this way - is that right?
Elena,

Everyone is 'given' those 5 boards as a starter. You can just click to edit each board and delete them, just leaving your own board, or boards.
If you follow the post I made in answer to Nemo's question about the name thing, you should be O.K, but don't suffer in silence, just post on here and we'll hopefully help you, or PM me or someone else.

As Nemo said earlier, we are all learning and muddling through together - as usual.

I think it's kinda more fun that way (and sometimes very amusing - well if you can't laugh at yourself........ :lol: )
Ray
elena

Post by elena »

Thanks Ray!
It's been a busy week but I've mastered enough of the basics to get up & running!

I've got quite a lot of pins from our website & blog just for ease of quickness but I'm planning on a bit of tweaking and branching out this week.

The link is http://pinterest.com/crouquets/ if anyone's interested. I've followed who I can from this thread but if anyone else wants to follow us I'll be happy to reciprocate! :)

Elena
Dordogne holiday cottages
Tales from our Dordogne gites
keep in touch with Les Crouquets on Facebook
follow us on pinterest
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Duly followed elena and all others posted here so far. :)

To answer my own question, it appears perhaps like you elena, I was following lots of other boards around the world as a default. I never saw the boards though, just the followers, so I worked my way through the list of 50 plus names and deleted them. Now I am only following those I have chosen to follow, so all's well!
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Well done elena,

and thanks for the pin,

I've posted (sorry 'pinned') one of the pics from your Les Crouquets site onto my 'Favourite Holiday pads' board :D
Ray
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

One thing to perhaps consider? I notice that when you pin a photo that is cropped or otherwise non standard as a board cover, it doesn't fill the whole board? So you have photo plus a lot of white space, which isn't as attractive as it could be?

Your original cover photo of Valmar Gite was like this, as is the one of elena's dordogne cottages - had you noticed HRay?
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Yes, I did nemo,

I'm not sure about elena's, but I think that first photo of mine was only about 430 x 320. I tried uploading larger pics, but there seems to be a problem (for me at least) uploading anything above about 1.5mb (sometimes).

It's not all the time, but, as we speak, (or I type), I'm trying to upload another pic from my PC of a size 708 x 531 (72.7kb) and the uploading timer, spinning thing a mebob is just whirring round.
72.7kb is no real size for uploading an image to a site like Pinterest surely.
Been trying to upload for about 10 mins now, so don't think it's going to av it !

Has anybody else had any probs trying to upload pics to Pinterest ?

It is very frustrating :?
Ray
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

In recent months, Pinterest has been having a change of heart. Keen 'pinners' might care to note the following:

Liberty Mutual wrote:
As nearly anyone might suspect, avid pinners (the site reached 17.8 million users in February) don’t naturally gravitate toward images that are free of copyrights. After complaints from photographers and other copyright holders, Pinterest has now changed its policy from a virtual free-for-all to asking users to post only content they’ve created, or content they have explicit permission to publish.

In fact, it’s not just a policy change, but rather a 180-degree turn in philosophy. Originally, Pinterest asked people to avoid posting their own projects, or “self-promotion.” In response, Steve Eder of The Wall Street Journal writes that the site’s new policy is “a tacit admission it may have encouraged users to pin content that didn’t belong to them.”

Pinterest itself, Eder points out, is well-protected from lawsuits because of its policies and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. But pinners could be exposed to copyright suits by pinning content without a license.
More here:
http://responsibility-project.libertymu ... ted-images
Jim