Another Facebook Question - Sub-categories

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
greenbarn

Another Facebook Question - Sub-categories

Post by greenbarn »

Can anyone help me with this?
The sub-category on our FB page says "Travel Agency" :roll:
I can edit the Basic Information page and delete sub-category altogether. Or I can type in something else. When I save, I get the Information Updated message.
Having deleted the sub-category, my FB page just shows the top level category of Travel/Leisure, so looks like job done.
BUT - some time later (hours? next day? - don't know) it's reverted to sticking up the previous sub-category of Travel Agency. :evil:

How do I get rid of it? We are NOT a Travel Agency!!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Oh dear. I have just had a look but I couldn't find anything in the help section about sub categories. It sounds like a bug if its defaulting on its own. Or FB knows best, as it is want to do. :roll:

I am listed as a company & organisation and then the sub category is travel/leisure. Do you have a further sub category, or are you not listed as a company?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

On my category line I'm Companies & organisations in the first drop down box, then Travel/Leisure in the second box.

The Place sub-categories box (no drop down) has defaulted back to Travel Agency, which is what shows on my FB page.

Checking the x by Travel Agency clears it on my FB page; I did this yesterday and checked the page a few times, today it's reappeared.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The Place sub category? I don't have one of those. Company/org first, then on the same line the sub category, drop down menu i.e. travel/leisure. The line below this has Official Page and I have left that blank at present.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I have categ - local business, then on the same line in the next box local business again
the next line is official page, and I have that blank
Next line for sub-categ Holiday home rental

I know nothing about FB or whether what I have now is how I should have them set - I DO remember though that I had the 'travel agent' problem too in the past and I settled on this randomly as a way of getting rid of travel agent!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

My next line down from Official Page is Place sub-categories. Here's a screen grab to show it better than I can describe it!

greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Thanks Dotty - I've tried entering various text, but I'll try entering Holiday home rental and see if it accepts that - which I'll probably find out tomorrow!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok I understand! I definitely don't have that category, so luckily for me I won't catch your problem :wink: .......which is just as well cos I've been catching every other bug out there lately......cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle...... :roll:

I suspect the reason might be that I don't have my full address in the listing. I just have a blank address line, with only the City and Post Code section filled out.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Okay - I may be getting somewhere. As I type, I get some match selections, and presumably if I use one it might (?) work. My problem was that I previously entered Accommodation something and Accommodation is not a matched word. I wasn't looking at the screen as I typed (not that clever!) so missed the suggested matches altogether.
I'll give it a go and see what happens.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

And so to today's instalment.
I look at my FB page, and it still says Holiday Home Rental. Hooray!!!

Unfortunately, it now says Travel Agency as well. Image
tavi

Post by tavi »

GB, I'm on your FB page now, and I can't see Travel Agency anywhere.

It says Holiday Home Rental. Cottage. Home.

Not sure if that helps.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Hi tavi
Thanks for looking. I'd been in again and changed things; after a lot of searching I found three terms which could apply as sub-categories and entered those. Three is supposed to be the maximum number, so I'm hoping that Travel Agency won't appear again; the problem so far has been that whatever changes I've made, Travel Agency has reappeared the next day!

So we'll have to wait for the next - hopefully final - instalment. Meanwhile I'm off to pick all the brick particles out of my forehead.