Low maintenance pool

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

So all a bit pessimistic on the idea of a low maintenance pool. Perhaps spend the money on a pool guy and go for a very standard system.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Pmagowan wrote:So all a bit pessimistic on the idea of a low maintenance pool. Perhaps spend the money on a pool guy and go for a very standard system.
Not pessimistic exactly, but I'd be very cautious about putting in a high-tech pool with no local back-up. If you do, you'll be at the mercy of technology, fate and a pool installing company who already have your money.
Jim
Tizfata

Re: Low maintenance pool

Post by Tizfata »

CarolineH wrote: It might be different in Italy, but in France they are simply not capable of checking up on all pools that should be declared as public.
True. But let's say your neighbour calls the local authorities (oh, it does happen!) because he doesn't like that your guests drive in front of his house...
SANZIONI
· Chi esercita l’attività senza autorizzazione o senza DIA rischia una sanzione amministrativa da 500 a 6.000 € oltre la chiusura immediata dell’impianto.
· Se manca la documentazione dell’autocontrollo: da 500 a 3.000 € oltre la chiusura immediata dell’impianto.
· Mancanza dei requisiti strutturali previsti dal regolamento regionale: da 500 a 3.000 €, oltre alla sospensione dell’attività da tre a trenta giorni.
· Mancanza dei requisiti fisici, chimici e microbiologi dell’acqua per le piscine pubbliche da 500 a 3.000 €, nel caso in cui non si adempia nei termini delle prescrizione impartite dall’A.Usl, oltre alla sospensione dell’attività da tre a trenta giorni.

Inoltre si rischiano sanzioni da 200 a 1.200 €, da versare al comune in cui ha sede la piscina, nei casi di:

a) mancato svuotamento dell’acqua.
b) mancata esposizione del regolamento della piscina.
c) presenza di bagnanti in numero superiore alla capienza massima prevista dal regolamento.
I can't translate this, but the digits you see are the fines AND the pool will be CLOSED. Imagine having to shut the pool down for a period from 3 to 30 days in high season...
But still remember that they can't check everything...
https://www.facebook.com/lascuoladifurio

There's no second chance to make a first impression
Pmagowan

Post by Pmagowan »

I always thought that in Italy you only had to obey the sensible laws! :)

We don't have any neighbours so this should be fine. It is neccesary to have a pool to get any rental that would make it worth our while in our area. Competition is tight and I think most people wouldn't even consider a property like ours without a pool.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Just to reiterate my point earlier on :

My all-singing all-dancing self-monitoring pool chemical machine failed this afternoon - the probe for monitoring the Ph is dead (life expectancy 2 years) and it injected half a can of acid into the pool making the water dangerous to swim. Luckily I have no guests in and can bring it back without problems.

Stick with the basics and pay someone who knows what to do when it doesn't go according to plan!
Martha

Post by Martha »

Pmagowan wrote:We have always experienced a 'key under the mat' handover when staying in large villas in tuscany.
A bit off topic but just to say many people (including us!) use key safes with very few problems. If you search the forum for "Key safe" you will find all the opinions you desire and then some :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
pitway

Post by pitway »

I have used this safe at several houses over the years

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masterlock-Wall ... B000JTIX3S